I love the look this set provides to my yard. It was very easy to assemble and the shipping was quick. However, I did notice after one day outside there are small spots of rust on all pieces of furniture. The finish is not as advertised and I am curious to see how long the set stands up to weather.
I love this set, this looks great on my deck. The color is a little greyer than it appears in the picture, but I still loved it. My husband assembled it in a half an hour, a couple screws were a bit damaged and it was kind of hard to put the bolts on but the directions are simple. The material seems pretty durable.h
Minus... having the first set not show up and having to reorder (not sure what Fed Ex did - although they claimed they delivered the set)... The patio set looks great and seems very durable. Very glad I ordered it and look forward to many years of service. Assembly was easy - my 15-year-old put one piece together on this own. The only draw back is the seating sits very upright... great for your posture! But, could get uncomfortable for long sitting spells. I highly recommend this set.
I recently purchased this set. It was very easy to put together although both chairs were lopsided. I did not like the finish (silvery brush strokes). So I spent $8.00 on black gloss spray paint and 2 hours later I had an awesome looking set. I have received so many compliments. The black spray paint makes it look more "high end" and I'm sure will add much rust protection.
I ordered one set to see if I liked it. One arm of a chair was damaged and the love-seat was damaged. I loved the set overall so I ordered another one and at the same time called in to get a replacement for the damaged items. The second set also had a damaged chair. When the replacement pieces arrived the box was a little damaged and the love-seat was badly dented, it was in worse shape than the first piece. Not sure if that's why items on Overstock.com are much cheaper but so far I'm not having much luck. People at Overstock have been very nice to deal with at least so far (I haven't called to tell them about the replacement item yet though). I would recommend this set to others but be very careful looking it over for damage when you get it. Price was great, approximately one hundred dollars less than other sites I saw.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality would be good if the items weren't damaged
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
I do not recommend this furniture to anyone unless they are willing to sand and repaint it. I have had it for a few years and it was terrible from the moment that I received it as far as the coloring, rubbing off, and rusting. It is heavy, but not too heavy so I am able to move it on my own. I did have someone come and put it together for me, but it did not take them very long. It definately needs cushions, which are another expense, on top of the labor for sanding and the paint that it needed...I would pass if given the opportunity to purchase these. They were a gift from my parents, who were very disappointed with the appearance and negative qualities, and my mother will say she's never buying from overstock.com again.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Color did match the one displayed on the site, however, it did not state that your clothes and skin would also be the color of the set after sitting upone it. It did turn a nice rust color where the iron overlay one another. Water also was stored in the hollow iron which then rusted and would leak out if the set was tilted or moved, therefore the rust colored water would then be on the exterior of the furniture as well as the patio and your clothes or body, depending.
- How is the quality of the product? The product was heavy and solid, but as mentioned, the rusting and rust-colored water that came out from the interior was a little less than desirable.
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? It was described onsite accurately, however, there was failure to mention the discoloration and rubbing off.
Poor quality,,,not to be use except in covered porch, Rusted and pait peeled off within a bout 3 months, I wish I had sent it back!! NOT worth the money!!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great at first
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. POOR...it rusted to the point the 1st summer I had to scrape it off and repaint. It was very difficult to do and not worth the trouble.
this set is better than I expected. easy to assemble, and good sturdy construction. after reading prior reviews, I brought something for rust prevention. so far, it meets my basic needs, looks great, and i have gotten many compliments from friends and neighbors. You can not go wrong.
I wish the table and 4 chairs sold by the same manufacturer matched this set. The pattern is the same. The scale of the chairs is the same, but the color and texture were different. This is a dark gunmetal grey textured set. The 4 chairs and table set are glossy black painted and VERY scratched. I still kept them for the price and used a matching slightly textured oil rubbed bronze rustoleum on all of it to make it work. This set may have been fine in elements without the rustoleum, but the other accompanying set was of slightly less quality and would have rusted. It was not texture coated. With matching paint and cushions the set looks great. I'm looking for a coordinating umbrella to complete the look.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Hi quality, texture coated and weather resistant.
I am happy with the wrought iron settee set. It was easy to assemble, it's sturdy but lightweight to move. The color is black & grey, just about an color cushion would match. The coffee table will hold a tray or baskey nicely, it would not be suitable for a glass beverage or for putting your feet up! I have only had it a few weeks, I am not sure how durable it will be after a season of use.
I bought the 5 piece set (table and 4 chairs) of this same furniture. It is junk! It is very uncomfortable (90 degree angle to sit). It rusted after one week. The only kind thing I can say is that it is heavy and will not blow off the deck in high winds (not sure if that is really a positive). Overstock is a wonderful site, just this product is terrible.
This set is sturdy, attractive and comfortable. The price was really good when compared to similar sets elsewhere. It really dresses up my patio. It was fairly easy to assemble with the included tools,given that my husband is not handy at all. A couple of small areas were slightly bent, but easily fixed. My only concern now is how it will stand up to the winter months. Thanks again Overstock.
I needed something that would last with the kids and weather. I think this will work just fine. The only issue I have is that there were minor scratches and dents....these are all spot that are already rusting...so just have some paint handy. Now the best thing was that there was a problem with the item and the management at overstock.com replaced it pretty quickly without any hassels...thank you!