Well, after I finally got it up it looks fine, but it arrived with some missing screws of one type, some extra screws of another type, and damaged connectors that required hammering out. The directions were written by someone who hadn't actually put the item together and were incorrect in what they pictured. But, I'll give it this -- it looks nice now.
This arbor is exactly what I needed for seating against a wall in my rose garden. It came fast, in two days, with plenty of hardware. It was pretty easy to assemble by myself and I am a 30 something girl. You may need help positioning the top piece, unless you lay it on the ground. I encountered two rough spots, a bracket that was bend and a pole opening that was squeezed out of shape. Nothing that pliers and a little muscle couldn't take care of, I just positioned those spots to the back. It also has a beautiful black brushed finish that matches my high end table and chairs purchased for $4000.00. Can't beat it, buy it!
I am satisfied with this arbor, it's functional and looks nice from a distance. It's fair to say that it's slightly above average quality. The pieces don't line up perfectly and there's plenty of wiggle between a few connections. It's also very light and becomes extremely top heavy once you get anything growing on the arbor if there's a 20mph or higher wind. Overall I'm satisfied with the purchase, for being functional and aesthetic for the price. It safely holds two adults, but it should be weighted or mounted to keep it from blowing over on a windy day. The quality of the metal is low, it looks more like painted aluminum or stainless steel tubing and painted stainless or aluminum wrought work, I don't see how this could be real wrought iron, it doesn't weather like it and weighs considerably less.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fair
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not completely accurate regarding the metal
This bench is not of the highest quality but for the price is a very good value. Compared to others, I did receive all the parts and accessories, however, it came damaged beyond what I could fix. It was very tighly packed in a box that it barely fit, only bubble wrap on the seat bottom and back, corners unprotected. The paint was scratched on many parts, not completely thru to the metal so I could have touched it up. I've never had to return anything to overstock, so I am curious to see how they handle things. I may and order another one, but I'm going to look around a bit first.
This is a beautiful item, but if you purchase it be prepared to make a trip to the hardware store. Like many of the other reviewers, mine was missing parts... specifically all the hex nuts. The rest of the hardware was taped securely in a closed bag, the hex nuts just weren't in there. The screw holes aligned fairly well except for one and a bar was slightly bent but other than that, the bench went together easily (even with the directions they provided). You should know the item is more black rather than the bluish cast that's depicted in the photo. But over all, it is a great item, much sturdier than it looks and will be enjoyed for years.
this bench was easier to put together than I thought it would be, based on previous reviews. All the pieces were there, instructions were simple, I was able to put it together with the help of my 9 year old in about 30-40 minutes. It looks wonderful in our yard. Incredible value for the price paid.
I purchased this bench for my front walkway. It was easy for my husband and I to put together (only a few parts that took some twisting to fit), and it looks great finished! I've got a couple of planters hanging off if it. My only quibble is with how top heavy it is as constructed; in a recent windstorm, the bench blew over into my shrubbery. Think I may have to hang more planters off of it to keep it stable. Definitely worth the money!
not worth the purchase at any price, poor quality, Rusts very quickly especially the cross straps of metal.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. poor quality staps rst out in one to two season
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ok
Bought this after comparing prices with local patio furniture stores, about 1/2 the price, even compared to the big box stores for other wrought iron furniture pieces. It's sturdy and seems wind resistant. Other reviewers stated it was comfortable without cushions, but I don't agree. However, the seat is roomy, so don't expect to find a bench cushion to fit the dimensions. It was easy to assemble, though you might need two people to fit the canopy together without a gap. I'm awaiting the matching rockers now, and will review those as well.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good, a little thinner metal than I expected, but it will hold up well. Not worried about rusting, since the product is powdercoated, but we shall see.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate measurements, it fit right in the spot for which it was intended
Great bench, sturdy, looks nice. It did not actually come with a cushion though.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the cushion was not included so I'd call that inaccurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? missing cushion
The arbor bench was a perfect addition to our yard, the quality and color was excellent and the price made it affordable! You should purchase a cushion for the bench it's too bad overstock doesn't sell one with the arbor as an option.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was just as displayed on the ad
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I was very happy with the arbor bench - good quality for the price!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
We love it and it looks lovely in our garden. Well made and has held up well
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Black is black!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. We have had it up for three years now. It has held up well. We had a horrible wind storm that picked it upland moved it, we just turned it back over and put it back and it was still I'm perfect shape.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Yes
I received the wrought iron bench ONE week early! The bench was sturdier than the comparable (and higher priced) ones I had seen in the outdoor furniture stores in my city. Assembly was relatively easy. The only glitch was because one corner of the box had been slightly "smushed" during shipping. As a result, one post was difficult to insert into another post. A great find on overstock.com!
The bench has a nice look to it. Unfortunately the top left corner of the bench was damaged. I took a picture, but dose not look like I can download it for this review. I have not asked to get it replaced. Also the bench did not fit together well in some places and there are gaps where the tubes slide together. Overall I am still happy with the purchase. We will see how it look after being outside for a year.
I bought this bench about 5-6 years ago and it is still in fine condition. We did have to find a way to tie it down--put spikes/stakes in ground and tied bench legs to them--so that it wouldn't blow over. We get some strong winds at time and it kept blowing over. Nice in the garden with vines around it.
I ordered the hammered bronze arbor bench. When we opened the box, which was clearly labeled hammered bronze, the color looked moralize the pics for the rustic brown. A more coppery colored bench and seat back would have been nicer, but in the end, it is still a lovely piece. Ours came with a few extra bolts in two sizes, as well as two extra nut ends in both sizes. Both tools where present. The directions for assembly are slight, but easy to understand and honestly, it is a no brainer to put it together. I can't wait to see this piece with my climbing roses covering it :)