The stand went together easily and is sturdy enough to hold the 10' umbrella. Note - at first I thought the umbrella's post was too large for the stand, but after my morning coffee I realized there was a removable insert in the stand. When I removed the insert the umbrella fit like a glove. Love it!
I ordered this stand to help stabilize the umbrella I also purchased from overstock. My table has a hole for an umbrella, so I was hoping that this stand would provide the additional support needed to keep it from moving around in the wind. Honestly, I thought this stand would do a better job of holding the umbrella in place when the wind picks up at my house, so for this reason I gave it 3 stars. The stand does come with two plastic inserts (that can be removed) if the pole on your umbrella isn't as thick as it needs to be to fit in this stand. I didn't have to use either of the inserts but this is a nice feature just in case the next umbrella I purchase doesn't quite fit.
The black umbrella stand is heavy and very attractive with the raised roman numerals. Assembly directions contains diagrams only. Words would have been helpful. There is a plastic sizing insert which allows the use of umbrellas with poles of varying diameters.
The umbrella stand is heavy/sturdy and works well for the umbrella I ordered. HOWEVER: The mustard yellow shown in the picture online is VERY different from the color of the stand in person. In fact, I would never call this umbrella stand yellow at all. It exactly matches my husband's college apparel, which is burnt orange. I'm really disappointed with this product because I would have ordered a different color or brand or something had I known the actual color would be so different than what was shown online. Based on that, I cannot recommend this product because it's not what I thought I was ordering.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? No comparison. I would never call my stand yellow. It matches my husband's University of Texas burnt orange apparel.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Heavy, like it should be. Seems to work fine.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The color is inaccurate. It looks like mustard yellow on the site, which is why I selected that color. In person, the color very different (burnt orange).
The umbrella stand was easy to assemble and is very heavy. Appears to be of good quality.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality, heavy, will definitely not blow away!
Highly recommend. Attractive stand will compliment your deck or pool area.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Terra cotta is exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very sturdy & heavy. Perfect for a large umbrella.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact
I wanted something to hold down the umbrella's, as we get gusts of wind.These are so heavy and well made. Don't have to fill with water or sand. They have rubber on the bottom so won't come in contact with deck. I'm happy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Heavy, looks great.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
This was beautiful and heavy. We have had it now one year and I am still loving it. The only glich is that it faded. I was not prepared for that.........but other than that. An excellent product. I would purchase another one.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? pretty good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
After a long time searching for an umbrella stand that would work with my bistro table, I was delighted to find this one which was described as approx 12 inches high. The stand I need must be no more than 12 3/4 inches high. The stand was advertised as having a height approx 12 inches. In reality, it is actually 14 inches high! The thing is too heavy to mail back so I'm stuck. Bummer!