I loved the design of the desk. The color is warm and cheerful. The desk is not heavy. Carving is little rough but looks nice from far. Price may be bit high but if you love the design, want can you do? My problem is that the desk seems to have been banged around during delivery and has few dents and chips. I would consider returning but there are only two desks of the same design in stock as of 7/23/10. I guess I will have to live with it... If you are not a perfectionist and understand to buy it as an overstocked item with possible minor flaws, then it is recommended.
Item 12713013 Secretarial Desk I received, was shipped from warehouse in Texas on 26 Mar 2013, and arrived in good shape because shipping carton was double boxed. It was simple to assemble, requiring only the legs to be bolted into place. Pull-down writing surface measures 25.15 wide, by 12.4 inches deep. I was hoping a full sized laptop would fit inside the main drawer, whose inside dimensions measure 18.65 wide, by 9.88 inch deep. This depth is too small for most laptops, and a full sized laptop cannot be stored inside, when front panel is pulled-up into closed position. Construction was somewhat impressive, considering the price. Front & sides are furniture grade raised-panels, which will allow the unspecified hardwood to expand and contract with seasonal humidity changes, without cracking or checking. Even the drawer bottoms and rear panel are make of thin Luan board, not pressed cardboard like cheaper furniture. Carving on front panel, leg tops, and aprons is genuine, and of medium quality. However, it is obvious that reason cost was so low, is that this desk would never pass any decent quality control inspection. There were about six sample defects on the unit I received. They included finish flaws, minor checking on two of solid hardwood leg tops, and minor impact indentations. I sealed all four leg tops with some linseed oil before assembly, to eliminate any chance of further checking. I also fixed the finish flaws, and added floor gliders to all the leg bottoms, because this detail was not addressed by the manufacturer. All in all, it is a well made solid piece of furniture, at about a fifth of the cost of a perfect one, at a quality furniture store. Most importantly, my wife likes it because she says it got eye appeal, and is light enough for her to move about easily. So I can overlook a few blemishes.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Minor flaws & dents
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Close enough, but country of fabrication and type of hardwood used should have been specified.
Was looking for an inexpensive desk to fit the colonial theme in our office, and this turned out to be just perfect. So excited to find without having to leave my house!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? very good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? sure did
I received it in fairly good time. When I took it out of box I was slightly disappointed. There was quite a few nicks on the front of it. and a few dents. It's a sturdy little desk and a cute design. It looks like an antique desk. My husband took a q-tip and some varnish and dab it in the nicks. You can barely see them now. They could have packed it better. We love it though and it fits perfect in our room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? matched
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I received this desk in just a few days of ordering it. It was packed very well and protected nicely. The only assembly required was to attach the legs which was very easy. I love this desk! It fits perfectly in the space I was planning for it. The carving design on the exterior is so pretty and I feel like I have treated myself to an antique piece of furniture. I see many years of enjoying this desk.
I looked in many of our local antique shops for a small secretary desk to put in my bedroom and wasn't able to find one. This desk was just what I was searching for and the size and color are perfect for me.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The one i receieved looked just like the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. not perfect but the quality was good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
This desk was exactly as advertised, the little defects you can't even see, for the price it is a very good product
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. total satisfactory
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? right on
I had been looking for a small secretary desk for some time and this one is exactly what I had in mind I just love it and it enhances by room with its apperance
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Wood color and quality are superb
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? excellent
The desk came a week after i ordered it. It looked just like the picture online. It was easy to assemble unlike what the other comments said. I added my own knob to the top to make it easy to open. I love the hand carved hard wood. Just the right size for the space i needed it to be placed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. in great condition
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? yes