If you are looking for furniture for a playroom or heavy traffic area, this is not it. If you are willing to fix up a few of the shortcomings yourself, this is a great buy and will give you years of service. The good: This trunk/bench looks as good in person as it does online. The interior is spacious. Packaging is excellent. Legs are solid (but do yourself a favor and replace them with casters) The bad- the lid hinge is terrible and the wall/material thickness of the trunk is far too thin. This is great for the interior dimensions but the unit will not stand up to any abuse. The fix- buy yourself 2-3 nice brass/steel door hinges (the kind with 3 screws on each side) and some strips of scrap (hard)wood to use as a backing for length of the inside lip of the back wall of the trunk and on the trunk lid where the hinges will attach. Using a long piece of wood like this strengths the flimsy back wall of the trunk. I used a length of 1.5"x.25" oak cut into 3 pieces, 2 short 6-7" strips for the lid and a longer piece for the back lip of the trunk itself. Remove the factory piano hinge (note the 1/2" screws that would have lasted a few weeks at best). Attach your new hinges hinges to the exterior of the trunk and predrill small pilot holes through the back of the trunk into the backing strips inside. Screw or bolt them in place. I used screws that were just long enough to not poke through the backing strips. The finished product looks great and is infinitely stronger. The brass hinges match the trunk perfectly, and depending on how you use it are invisible anyway. A second improvement that is not as difficult, but just as necessary, is to replace the flimsy stops that keep the lid from opening more than 90 degrees. Use your imagination here. Only one small screw holds these piece in place so you will have to replace them sooner than later.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is a light duty, attractive and functional trunk/bench
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
We owned this for less than 6 months and the stitching came apart on the top where the patchwork is. Once that happened it was worthless. It is like taking $XXX.00 and flushing it straight down the toliet. Don't bother you will be wasting your money!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Stitching came apart
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I am using this as a toy chest it works great with plenty of room for all their toys. So far it is holding up they love to crawl all over it. It is a great accent piece to our loving room. Just one thing if you are thinking of getting it. You can't put it flush with the wall because the lid has to have room to open. I just store folding toys behind it. If you have a certain space to fit it you need to add about 4-6 in from the wall.
This trunk is a nice size for storing. The color is beautiful. Faux leather is soft and comfortable for sitting. Well constructed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is much better than site is a beautiful trunk/Bench
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is great softand sturdy well built
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exactly as described
We were excited thinking this piece would accent our living room makeover. Not only was the piece poorly constructed but it look bargain basement cheap! not happy at all and sent it back.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not even close
The overall construction of this piece was suitable, however it varied dramatically from how it appears on the picture. The patchwork had some designs in them and the piece looks cheap and very shiny.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? not accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. low
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not accurate
I like this box more each day. It's a lighter color than the photo shows and the lighter patches are sort of snakeskin texture with flowers. It would look a little more expensive if the light patches weren't textured, but I like it myself because it matches a patchwork blanket I keep at the foot of my bed. It's a good substitute for leather, but when you touch it, you can definitely tell it's fake. I'm not sure if the vinyl will look nice for more than 5-10 years but at this price, you can't get anything better. It's a really nice piece, good quality, and I'm glad I purchased it. It was shipped double boxed with foam and bubble wrap, arrived in perfect condition.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Didn't match that well actually. The trunk is quite a bit lighter in person, and it doesn't have the worn in look that appears in the photo.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Made very well. It is sturdy and the top is well cushioned, comfortable to sit on for quite awhile.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate.
I bought this as a gift for my son who needed more storage in his bedroom. He said he loved it, but I was disappointed in the appearance. It would have been better if the lighter squares had been the same as the dark one, with no engraving.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was fine.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Could have looked much better without the faux "engraving" on the light squares ... made it look cheap.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Could have been better ... did not mention the "faux engraving" that I recall.
I loved this trunk when it came, I almost bought another, but after a couple of months the patchwork on top has all ripped. We did not use it to sit on. It was not used that much. I do not recommend. I am going to inquire about a warrenty.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Very poor quality
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
Received my bench today and considering the price, was a pretty disappointed. I'm going to keep it because I had to rip the box up to get it out (atleast it was packaged good). Most def looks faux and is not the greatest looking faux. I am a huge fan of OS and there prices but this one should be about *** cheaper. Should have spent more and gotten a real leather one....this is cheap looking. Don't bother!
Great product, easy to legs on and looks great. I would highly encourage anyone look for this type of furniture. It has a velvet type lining in the storage. Great space if you need more storage space. The outside faux leather is very real in looks and feel. Thank you for a great product.
Loved this item and wanted to use it as both a trunk and for extra seating. Unfortunately, the faux leather quilt pattern began unraveling on the top from using it as a bench so it became a storage trunk. The hinges broke from the kids opening and closing it so I had to throw it way after about 2 years. It wasn't expensive so I gave it a 4 star rating. I loved how it looked and would have purchased it again if it was offered.
Use trunk to store Grandchildren's toys in our living room. It replaced a wicker chest and fits in with decor much better. Fits under our desk perfectly - glides out easily, lid is lightweight and easy to open. We do not use it as a bench.