I had been wanting this cute little bench for awhile before I purchased it. I am very glad I did. I am using it for a footstool with a French settee in my livingroom. And plan on changing the upholstery to match the settee itself. I have not used the drawer or the top that opens but there is a lot of room in each when I decide to use them. I really like the footstool, it is not only very cute but also very practical. It came fully assembled and is 100% all wood. Thank you Overstock.com.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? A bit darker than pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very high Quality, all wood
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect matching description
I bought this together with the vanity to have a matching set. This stool is very attractive even up close. A bit bulky though for use with the vanity since it doesn't really slide away easily due to it's design. Hopefully I will get lots of use out of it any way. I do like the top storage space and the pull out drawer. However, the drawer is very roughly cut just to fit in the slot and sticks and drags each time I pull it out or try to get it to go back in. It is basically a wooden tray to put in a slot, no nice slide or wheels to run it out and in. Basic functionality only, not quality function. The pad on the top is a yellow almost light gold tone, definitely not a shade of white or off white. I am assuming the thin film/saran wrap over the cushion is just for protection until purchased, so that is coming off today. It already has a few pulls and will come off anyway by use. Overall I would say it is average for it's purpose, but I think I will replace it at the vanity with something less bulky and with a small back to make it easier to pull out to sit down at the vanity.
This is a solid wood stool. Since I planned to sit on it at my vanity, that was important. The drawer doesn't fit like a high quality dresser drawer, but it looks nice and give good storage as does the space under the lid. The cloth on top is a light maize(yellow) color not the ivory in the picture, but since I intended to recover it to match my décor, this was not an issue for me. Recovering is easy since the cushion can be removed from underneath the lid with a screw driver.
It is a perfect compliment to the vanity table, but the drawers don't fit very snug and they feel cheap when you use them. It has a very nice compartment under the padded seat for extra storage.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I thought it would have been a sturdier piece
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? 100%
Mine is in a walk-in closet and it fits well and is perfect for sitting on when I put my shoes on.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It looks white in the picture but the upholstery on mine is a light yellow.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice and sturdy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty accurate
Happy with it thus far. I did notice a small area that was not stained in an area that is not noticeable and hopefully will be able to touch it up with Old English. Also they stuck a sticker on the back of it instead of on the bottom - very stupid idea as it is difficult to get off and shows if using it at a vanity. Not too many vanity stools face the blank wall - label is my only disappointment
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True to view
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good - not sure if real wood as it appears to be a composite but seems nice -
cover is not white- more yellowish; sturdy- seems to be well made- supports 200 lb+ person; everything accurate except the color of the pad material
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? cover is not white- more yellowish
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. sturdy- seems to be well made- supports 200 lb+ person
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? everything accurate except the color of the pad material
Came fully assembled. Matches vanity perfectly. Love the storage, a big plus. Well made. Great buy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
This was bought to go with a small desk/vanity. It looks GREAT! Very comfortable and well made for the price. The color is very accurate to what is in the photo. Shipping was very quick. The only bother for me is that the seat/lid opens to easy. I will purchase a magnet system to keep it closed when you scoot the seat out. Other than that we are very happy with it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nicely constructed. Great peice for the price. Looks really nice.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
this product is a great match for any house. i had an issue with it being shipped and overstock resend the order in a tmely fashion. you will enjoy this great looking product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect color match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I watched this item and the reviews for months, many were good, but i was concerned about weather I could use it for what I wanted a nice footstool. Well I checked the dimensions and thought it should work. Well it does, the size is excellent to place a coffee cup on and when I want to rest my legs it's the right height. The storage (the top part opens) and the drawer are great, just the place to put your remotes and other small items that you can never find when you need them. This was a great addition to my bedroom.
This vanity stool is even more gorgeous than the picture. It has storage under the seat & a drawer. It's just perfect for my dressing area & can keep things handy. Would definitely recommend this stool. It's definitely more than expected. An actual piece of furniture that doesn't need to be assembled. The carved wood is amazing. The seat is comfortable. Just perfect!
This piece makes a nice appearance. The woodworking provides the kind of detail found long ago. The wood is not hard so I suspect it could chip easily. The cushioned seat is quite deep and comfortable but the material is susceptible to dirt. Overall, however, I would make the purchase again.
Love this little vanity stool. It blends with my bedroom furniture which is country French. Use the drawer for special jewelry and the lid holds items as well. I needed something for our new bathroom but when this piece arrived it immediately went into our bedroom. It looks like a reproduction or even an antique. We are very pleased with the purchase.
This Vanity Stool was absolutely beautiful. The workmanship and carved wood was very nice. I gave every area except appearance five stars. I gave appearance four stars only because the upholstery is not that pretty. ***The wood craftmanship and structure of the stool is worth the purchase and is beautiful and above a "five star" in appearance***, but the upholstery looks cheap and when I have the money I will re-upholster this item myself with some nice fabric and detail trimming. I would buy this item again! I am in love with my vanity stool--and by the way it is very comfortable. It also has a good amount of storage area under the seat and in a pull out drawer.
We just received delivery of this stool, and frankly, I am a little surprised at just how good the quality is. I'd expected a pretty exterior with cheap materials and construction, and I was OK with that for the price. Instead, it's good quality, solid wood, meticulously carved, with a smooth-handling lid and drawer (I'm not certain if they changed the way the drawer was constructed since the reviews which describe it as being just a box that slides in and out, or what. Mine is on runners and glides like hot lead through butter.). The padding is thick, neither too soft nor too firm, and the upholstering even. The fabric is a respectable-quality natural/synthetic blend, with a nice feel to it. (The other reviews are correct that it's more of a maize color than the ivory in the photo; however since I'd read them before ordering and expected that, it didn't bother me.) It sits absolutely level on the floor, without the slightest rocking -- a sign of well-made legs, since they have to be precisely the same length to accomplish that. Many far more expensive chairs and stools fall afoul of that problem. If I had examined this stool without knowing how much it had cost me, I would have guessed somewhere between twice and five times as much as it actually did. The closest things to complaints I can come up with are that the drawer pull is rather dull and doesn't seem to go with the rest of this ornate, beautiful little stool; and that the thing came wrapped with a plastic covering over the upholstery which is attached underneath the edges of the fabric and is very difficult to remove completely. Well done, Worldstock.