I purchased two of the Carved Wood Oval End Tables to use as night stands by our bed. We had limited space due to a window that was near one side of the bed. I had been looking for night stands for a couple years - trying to find just the right ones that would fit in a limited space. Since I already have a bombe style dresser in the bedroom, these tables blended perfectly. They are beautiful in the room, and I am so pleased. The tables are sturdy for light use - well priced - easy to assemble. They look much more expensive than the price would indicate. This was my first purchase from Over Stock, but I'm looking forward to purchasing more items. The product descriptions are very detailed, and the pictures are exact and detailed.
I purchased 2 to use as nightstands, but they were a little too small for all the things I have (radio, lamp, telephone), but they are SO nice, I put one in the front room and one in the den. After unwrapping, I timed myself on assembly. I am a 75 year old woman, and it took 12 minutes to assemble one. I'm back looking for something similar with a larger top area.
Description of color is totally inaccurate and the product picture is deceptive. The table is not oak. Color is a very dark red not close to any shade of oak. Some assembly is required. Customer service was very courteous and helpful. CSR cheerfully gave me the option of returning it as an oak finish was not available. Since I could use it in another room, I kept the item as the detail was very nice.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Terrible. Picture and online description said oak. Color is a very dark red not even close to any shade of oak.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The craftsmanship is very nice.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not accurate at all regarding the color. The description said oak and the picture looked like oak.
Wood is extremely thin. Mine arrived with the wood separated on the sides. I wouldn't have kept it anyway.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Didn't take it out to look at it.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The wood was so thin that when I saw that it was defective, I closed the box back up and shipped it back.
this is a smaller, well-made, cute piece - can be used as a side table or on its own to place a vase.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? very good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
I am always satisfied with my Overstock purchases, and this time is no exception. This table arrived in a timely manner, and in good condition. I had to attach the legs to the bottom of the piece and it wobbles a teeny bit. That is the reason I rated it with four stars. Otherwise, it is very nice. Placing a bowl of roses on it makes it look far more expensive than it is!
The table is very pretty. It is a bit small if you are wanting to use it as a night stand, but is ok if you are limited on space. The assembly is very easy. It takes just a few minutes. I was disappointed that the color is a quite a bit darker than what is pictured, so it didn't match my furniture as well as I had hoped.
I use this table as a night st and. I like its look and it was easy to assemble. My only complaint would be that the wood inside the drawers was not well sanded down. The outer appearance of the table is excellent and I like the drawers that I can put things in that I might need to access while I am in bed, such as my glasses, bilble etc.
I bought two for the spare bedroom to go with my oak sleigh bed. I was concerned they would be too large but they are TINY. Deceptively small. And much darker then I had thought. Really doesnt go well with the bed at all. Sorry I bought them and have no where else for them. Lesson learned.