I searched the item description for the weight capacity on this item and it wasn't listed. Since this was not listed as a child's chair I figured it would be ok. However, when I opened the loveseat the label states that each seat holds only about 110 lbs. I'm not 110 lbs and I don't know very many adults who are. Aside from that, the arms of the chair are wobbly and it seems like the metal frame will eventually separate from the wood with use so I wasn't thrilled with the construction. The back of this seat is also higher than pictured on the website, too high for my taste. I would not recommend this item.
This is light [30 lbs] and easy to move around, so it's perfect for a guest room where we want to drag it out of the way when we set up the air bed. It also folds into its own storage bag, if we need the room. It's also good-looking and comfortable enough to watch our favorite online streaming entertainment on the computer in that room. The only drawback is that the seat are individual theater-type seats, just like they look, so you can't sit at all in the middle of the seat. My husband likes to use a throw pillow behind his lower back, as the seats are more bucket-shaped, but I'm perfectly comfortable with it as it is. We got the red one, which really looks great with the natural woods of the room, and the micro-suede fabric is really elegant. Make sure you tug and snap the slipcover/cushion properly into place [there are no instructions included], so that you'll have a nice cushion at the front for behind the knees and at the back for your neck. All-in-all this was exactly what we wanted and great value for the cost!
This is a great little couch, but you have to know what you're buying. Instead of thinking of it as a couch, think of it more like one of those collapsible lawn chairs, except double the size and with a soft, quilted cover instead of the nylon. You can only sit two people in it, since the middle is a support bar. It was perfect for a spare room I have because it can be collapsed and replaced with a cot or blow-up mattress. It only took about five minutes to setup and requires no tools. I only gave it three stars because the description in the ad was misleading. It made it look like a regular couch.
I was a little surprised when I sat in the chair because it doesn't feel incredibly sturdy. I probably would not let two people sit on it at the same time. With that said, it was not expensive but still looks nice. We are using it in the basement for hanging out - sort of a game room, and that is pretty much what I think it is good for, occassional use not everyday.
I purchased 3 items and each was worse than the one before it
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the color was the only thing that was right
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. You get what you pay for...poorest of poor quality...no directions either...there were blue ink stains on the chair...Worst of all there was no way to put the cover on the frame...You would have had to unscrew the wooden frame...the frame was also splintered!!!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was good and the color was good but if you cannot assemble the product then why even bother showing the right color or giving a good description of what is should have been. No one could put this together iincluding a carpenter that I showed it to!!!
Its like a camping chair, but we enjoy it, serving its purpose in our bedroom. Also, if we every need to bring a seat some where, can take it, nice.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. steardy for two adults
We purchased this loveseat to have extra seating for family and friends. It is perfect! We are familiar with the camp-style folding chairs, and this is similar, but a big step up. It looks lovely, the color is a good blend with any decor, and we enjoy the capability to have an extra chair wherever it's needed, indoors or out.