Replace your plastic patio chairs with this stylish settee set from Aruba. Each durable piece features a modern look and plenty of clean lines. The soft foam cushions keep your bottom feeling comfortable during barbecues and outdoor dinner parties....more
Set was sent quickley. It arrived in 2 boxes (heavy). The entire set was in pieces and had to be put together. The directions were not that specific. After sorting out everything to put them together there was a problem. First they didn't send me enough bolts for two chairs. I had to go out and buy some bolts to match. Second and perhaps the most important one it this set was very very hard to put together. At first everything goes well until you get to the last several bolts and the bolts don't line up with the holes. Hard to see the inside to connect each bolt to each hole. If I ever see another allen wrench it will be way to soon.
How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not to bad, thought it was more black in the picture instead it's more brown
Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is not bad.
How accurate was the on site description of the product? Was pretty accuarate wish the description was alittle clearer as of color.
I loved this set from a design perspective for a small patio or courtyard area. The gray tones in the structure are a welcome relief from the typical brown. We ordered it with the lime pillows last year. It's comfortable and sturdy while being lightweight enough to move around if necessary.
Now, the rest of the story:
1. Arrived quickly, per Overstock's normal service time. That's where the fun ended. I am quite experienced at furniture assembly of all kinds, and can usually do things myself in a reasonably short time. This assembly is a NIGHTMARE!! The actual design of the assembly makes it almost impossible to do because of the string-type construction that you have to do at the end. Once each piece is almost done, it's impossible to get the holes lined up and the string that pulls through the grommets to hold the mesh around the structure to look right. You simply cannot get your hands or tools into the places they need to be. You cannot fully construct this properly with the included allen wrench; you need a longer handle to get into (or attempt to get into) many of the spots that need to be tightened. If you have a drill to make new holes, that will help, too - unless they are just off enough to fail to screw in, but not enough to make a new hole that won't end up too big because it's too close to the original hole.
2. Many parts were missing the first time around (not just hardware, but one chair arm was wrong, too, and pillows missing). To make a long and painful story short, Overstock's awesome customer service folks had to send replacements or missing parts multiple times. It took over three weeks to get everything we needed. We basically missed most of the really nice weather, as Michigan summers are not that long!
3. After several weeks in our courtyard, there were huge faded spots on all pillows. You could see where the accessory pillows had been on each piece (I also had two Sunbrella pillows out there - not part of this purchase - which did not fade at all.) I called Overstock, and they sent several new pillows; unfortunately, they were the wrong color. They then sent the correct color replacements. By September, the replacement pillows had also faded and are unusable this year.
4. The brackets that hold the glass top on the coffee table are too small. Every time it gets touched, it starts to fall out of the table. I used some clear rubber dots to help hold it in place, which is an improvement, but doesn't completely solve the problem.
Normally, I would not take this much time to write any review. I'm just hoping we can save someone else a summer full of frustration! Keep looking.
How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
Please tell us about the quality of the product. Construction after assembly is sturdy. Pillow fabric is terrible. Fades badly after only several weeks!!
How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
This settee was produced in China, and had to be assembled. This was impossible and new holes had to be drilled as nothing lined up. Total in hours it took my husband, with reconstructing the the connectors, over 10 hours, and he is an engineer. I will never purchase any item from Overstock that needs to assembled.
How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
Please tell us about the quality of the product. average
How accurate was the on site description of the product? poor
Assembling pieces is an arduous process, minimal instructions, not an extra, washer or screw provided. My husband had to repeatedly release screws to align pieces. Cord and manmade straps used to secure upholstery and installation not a quality that will have any lifespan appropriate to the price for exterior furniture. I am a long term Overstock customer and this is my most expensive and the most disappointing purchase.
As others have posted before me, this set is nearly impossible to assemble. Necessary parts were missing, the instructions were impossible to follow, and the process took days. Much more invovled than it should have been.
These were not as hard to put together as I had expected from reading the reviews. The bolts are for an allen wrench and hard to turn. If I had to do it again I would buy new bolts that you could you a socket set on. There are many bolt and my hands were shot by the end.
How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
How accurate was the on site description of the product? great
Not going to get into the long exhausting details, prior comments are spot on..... The set is impossible to put together without "customizing" the holes, they don't line up at all, some had to be re-tapped because they weren't round..... Not enough bolts and when considering the angles necessary to construct the cheap bolts strip rather easily..... We spent 4-5 hours on it yesterday and its not finished, need to run to hardware store to but better parts...... I'm sure it'll look nice when complete but absolutely NOT WORTH THE EFFORT, I'd rather sit on a cardboard box.....
How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Ok
Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor construction and design
How accurate was the on site description of the product? Finished product is fairly accurate
Thank you for contacting us,yes texweave means that this set it's made for an outdoor life (good in any type of weather). Please let me know if you have any further question.overstockcustomercare1 on Feb 17, 2013
* For your protection, all orders are screened for security purposes. If your order is selected for review, our Loss Prevention Team may contact you by phone or email. There may be a two business day delay to process your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.
Shop Overstock™ and find the best online deals on everything for your home and your family. We work every day to bring you discounts on new products across our entire store. Whether you're looking for memorable gifts or everyday essentials, you can buy them here for less.