Although the bench was a bit difficult to put together ( the bolts did not line up with the nuts), overall it is a great bench. Very solid, durable and beautiful wood. Deep, roomy seat that is wide enough for two people to sit comfortably.
Quick shipping. Relatively Easy assembly. Great bench for the price. One thing to note is the drawers don't come all the way out.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Overall very good.
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes.
The first bench I recieved had been damaged in shipping. I could tell that I would have loved the bench so I e-mailed overstock and within 2 days I had another bench on my doorstep. It was easy to assemble and looks great on our front porch. Very durable.
Product came fairly well packaged. Styrofoam packing inside came apart easily and was messy. The instructions were not very clear-take time to look at the pieces as well as the hardware supplied before you start assembly. When assembled, the bench looked nice-it is being used in a slightly rustic foyer with a stone floor.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color true to that depicted.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Overall quality good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description accurate.
I love this bench. It was a little tricky to put together, mostly because i didn't understand how the screws worked. It has a nice finish and the drawers are a great place to store nozzles, gloves, and other stuff that used to clutter my porch.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Surprisingly wonderful
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
I could not be happier with my purchase, it is exactly what I was looking for. I got tired of waiting for my husband to help me assemble it so thought I would tackle it on my own. It took me 45 min. but I did it by myself with a bit of 'help' from my 18 month old granddaughter. As for the reviews that said it was difficult to assemble, if a 57 year of grandma can do it anyone should be able to. I have it in my entry way & it looks beautiful. The drawers are small but I don't need the storage so I didn't care if they even opened. I was happy with the price & would have paid more. The directions are entertaining, the wording is a bit strange but I got what they were trying to say. There really isn't that much to the assemble, 4 pieces & the hardware. Very nice piece of furniture, thanks again for carrying a great product overstock!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact;y the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent, very sturdy, well made item.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was right on
This bench was exactly as advertised. I bought it for my garage mudroom area and it is perfect for my two kids to take off their shoes before going into the house. It took me all of 30 minutes to put together and it was very simple to build. I have noticed one arm is pulling away from the glue holding it to the side but i'm sure a little wood glue will fix it. I am not sure i'll use the drawers underneath but as another reviewer said, they aren't drawers that go the full depth of the bench. they only go half way so if you don't have this up against a wall you will see the back of the drawers from behind. All in all a great purchase, arrived timely and my 1st grader could have assembled it. Thanks!
I love my new bench. I was pleasantly surprised at how much construction was already done when I pulled the pieces out of the box. I was able to put the bench together by myself in about an hour. I like the looks of the bench, and only wish it was longer. Since it only has an oiled finish, I may put clear polyurethane on it to keep it nice looking.Thanks Overstock.com!
The bench arrived very quickly by FedEx. I was disappointed with the quality of construction. They stained right over two large glue stipes across the entire seating area. Now I have to refinish the entire top if I want the glue marks removed. One of the drawer faces wasn't even attached. I had to nail and glue it on. The drill holes were not properly aligned which made attaching the nuts and screwbolts very difficult. I was not impressed for the money we spent.
A good looking bench with the most horrendous instructions ever to be written. About four hours were wasted trying to figure out how to line up the screws. Just when you thought they were aligned, one of the bolts would move. I was really looking forward to using this bench too. A 100% disappointment and I was blown away that there were any positive reviews!!!!! My guess is that the company that manufactures the bench has their own employees write those good reviews.
The description said assembled. All I can say that anything that comes with a bag of screws is NOT assembled! Still, I like the bench very much.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the same.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. For the price, very good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not very.
The bench practically assembled itself. Pieces were assembled -- The drawers, sides, seat, & back. Just had to put the pieces together. It is a solid piece of furniture.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly as I expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. better than I expected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very well done
Great looking bench. I get lots of compliments. Mine is on the front porch. The drawers are perfect for a dog's tennis balls and leash, among other things. It's not the most comfortable bench, as the back and seat are straight and flat, but it will do for short term sitting. Couldn't find the right sized bench cushion, but two chair cushions worked fine. Assembly: The styrofoam packing was ridiculously messy - get the shop-vac ready. Don't be surprised if you need assistance from a handy person to help put it together. Had a little trouble lining up hardware in a few problem spots - But it was worth it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very good representation of wood color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. better than expected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate description
Very nice bench. I like it and have guest over that said they like it as well. Thinking of getting another.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same as photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is nice
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? same as discription
Poorly drilled holes that are missed-matched in position. The "peg" holes are too big. So, when the screws are tightened, and not too much, the wood splts easily. The bench is still standing in one piece, but I don't know when it will break. The bench looks good, although uncomfortable. Also the deeper and more expensive bench has shallow draws. We got the deeper bench expecting deeper drawers.
some people have reviewed this product and said they had difficulty in the assembly process. If you have two people, it's a piece of cake! All the screws and holes lined up perfectly. we were sitting on it in about 10 minutes. the lizards in the front yard love it too.
I had shopped around a while before purchasing this bench and I was a little skeptical about buying on-line without seeing the product . I was pleasently surprised by the quality and sturdiness of this bench compared to others I had looked at for the same or more money. It took me about an hour to put together and I had to really work with a couple of the the alignments but once together it looks really great in our entry way and is holds our three children comfortably. I would recommend this bench. Well worth the money.