I purchased this for on top of my son's box springs as they were still in good condition. It fit perfectly & provided fresh comfort for my son. The sheets fit over the 2 mattresses together as if made for them. I would surely buy this product again. It is a great help that the mattress is hypoallergenic & will not shred like other foam products.
The mattress arrived in a small box, which I carefully opened, as it was going to pop to size once released. Placed it on the twin mattress frame and it looked too short, but in 48-hrs it sized to exactly the size of the bed frame. It is extremely comfortable. The quality of the stitching is excellent, as is the cover of the mattress. The odor disappeared in about 3-days, but until then, I found it quite stinky! I would recommend to anyone who needs a twin mattress that does not go on top of a box spring. You can use it with either slats or a metal frame. I think everyone who is the right size to fit on a twin bed will be most comfortable and have a good nights sleep.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot on
I got this product about 2 months ago.Just like most of the other reviews, I did smell the chemical smell when first un-packaging the mattress. I let it air out in a spare bedroom for 2 day before using it for my son's new bed. A couple of days later, I asked my 6 year old if he smelled anything funny about his bed and he said "No". I asked him if he felt comfortable in his bed and he said "Yes". I recently laid on his bed and it felt firm to my taste but my little one has not complained about his bed.
I purchased the foam mattresses because we could not get an ordinary mattress through the hatch on the boat. When they arrived we could not believe there were TWO mattresses in that tiny box until we opened it. All the air had been pressed out of them and they were rolled into a tight cylinder. It actually made them very easy to handle and move around. Once they were in place I cut off the shrink-wrap and watched them grow, and grow, and GROW, like some b-grade Sci-fi movie. If you have kids, let them watch, they'll get a charge out of it! Once they finished growing, I tried one out. It was very comfortable even though it was on a plywood bunk with no springs. I'm quite happy with them.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The pattern appeared to be different from what was on the site, but for a mattress, who cares?
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Can't speak for it's durability, but it's a very comfortable mattress, even when on a plywood foundation with no springs.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
It came as others said...all rolled up in a box. Once you unrolled it and lay it on the floor it literally "airs out" and rises to the right dimensions. I slept on it last night and it was very comfortable for my petite frame. Excellent for the little boy for whom it was purchased. Recommend.
I originally ordered 2 for bunkbeds for my 5 and 6 year old. The mattresses are so nice, I purchased a 3rd for my teenage daughter. They are firm but comfortable. Make sure you allow a few days for them to completely expand. The first day or so they can seem a little short but they do expand to fit the bed frames.
Takes a little while for the matress to regain it's shape, but is standard size when it's reached full expansion. I don't think an adult would find it comfy but our 7 year old is very content with it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Matress is alright. Not sure how comfy it would be for an adult, but the 7 year old that is using it seems to find it very comfortable.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was accurate
Cannot really comment on comfort but ordering and delivery were excellent!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? FINE
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. We acatually have not used but it looks great and looking forward to the sleepovers!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? FINE
Working well for our bunks (that have a large number of slats rather than a solid surface). the only thing I'd say is make sure the length will work for you. it takes awhile for the pad to spread out after coming in the box. the cover on the mattress/the seam isn't strong...no way will it last years (it tore as my kids jumped on it uncovered) but it will stay in a zippered mattress cover that I bought separately so not a big deal.
Bed is wonderful, delivered when stated. Their where no instructions, but retrieved them on line. One problem is the slats provided for the lower bunk are not sufficient to keep the bodies from falling through. I was required to buy thin box springs to alleviate the problem.