Like the first reviewer, I took a chance on this rug since there weren't any reviews available except for one review for a different size that mainly complained about the red being "too bright". The rug is darker in person than what is shown in the picture. The border thread and edge carpet are dark brown, not dark blue-ish as in the pic, and there seems to be less "open space" than what is in the picture (more blocks of color/pattern). The light silvery blue in the picture is actually more of a medium/dark blue-gray, and the red is a deeper red, not flashy in my opinion, and it's a blue/brown toned red, not orangey (I like it). I'd prefer that the beige and blue tones were perhaps one or maybe one-half shade lighter, but I'm actually pleased that the beiges are darker than the picture and I really like the overall combination of patterns and colors. Our furniture and walls are neutrals/olives, so the blue and red add a nice pop of color, and the overall effect is quite pretty and not 'loud'. Based on the rugs we looked at in-store, this rug is quite soft and perfectly fine in terms of thickness for the price (about the same or better than ones we were considering for more $$). No, it's not carpet & pad soft, but I laid on it for 10 minutes or so comfortably with no rug pad; we sprang for the "durable" thicker rug pad here on overstock, but I think we could have gotten by with the cheapie one without extra padding ok (disclaimer: we are used to just our wood floors so anything may feel much softer!). We aired it out in our spare bedroom with an exhaust fan for a few days (the smell wasn't bad, just noticeable). The kinks from being rolled up are gradually releasing. I've noticed that one corner has yet to lie flat, but it's the high-traffic corner nearest the kitchen, so it may take longer with people passing over it/kicking it. Shipping was quite fast (3 days from order to delivery) and my only complaint is that the plastic cover was open on one end, which MAY have been a mistake, but damage was possible (or if it was raining - ack!). I'm keeping my fingers crossed for long-term durability, and I'm hoping we can find rugs for our other rooms just as good on overstock in the future. Overall, not quite 5 stars for not being a little closer to the picture but more than 4 stars for being quite pretty and soft (say 4.7!) for this rug, in my opinion.
The rug is beautiful. I was surprised by how plush it is. The colors are great, there is just enough of the red for a wonderful contrast. Goes very well with red brick. The price of this rug compared to others we had looked at was not even comparable. This rug needs a couple of days to lay flat, we just put the edges under the furniture. Quality is better than what I had anticipated, I would recommed this rug to anyone looking for an excellant quality rug at a wonderful price.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? pretty darn close
- How is the quality of the product? excellant
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
I am very pleased with this rug. The colors are beautiful and feels very plush underfoot. Everyone who enters my house loves this rug and says so. It is thick enough that buying a pad for underneath is unnecessary.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good description
I am so pleased with this rug. This is the first time I have purchased a rug online, I was nervous but it looks awesome!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? great
The rug fits my space and is a great addition to the room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Better
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
I read all the reviews before purchasing this rug. I was aware of a color problem. It has slate blue for the green squares. That being said, I do love the rug it sets off the newly sanded wood floors nicely!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not very close to the true colors.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quaility soft and the dog loves it!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Except for the color very accurate.
The colors go nicely with the colors in my home and we were looking for a more non-traditional casual area rug for our family room. My only problem is that the creases that will not come out. It seems the rug was folded before it was rolled and wrapped in plastic. I thought that the heat from shipping cross country may have attributed to these creases. I was sure that they would "fall out" after being on the floor for a few days. We have tried everything we can think of to get them out. I even called the manufacturer and the customer service rep said that they may not come out. I considered sending it back, but that was such a hassle to get it wrapped and shipped that we decided to keep it. It can always go under a bed where it just shows a little. Right now, it is in my family room and I keep hoping the creases will come out. They have not is 3 weeks.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good - even though it says it is green, the background is more beige with a goldish tint.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. We have been disappointed because it was folded before it was rolled and wrapped for shipping. About 4 creases still show even though I used my steamer on the, have put flat folding tables on them for days, and laid it on the hot concrete patio for a day. I seriously considered sending it back, but my husband said to keep it.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good.
Poor quality. Big rug, so hard to return, and now that I have it on the floor, i'll have to deal with it. It came wrapped up in plastic (no carboard tube), so when I unrolled it, I noticed how thin the rug is, and how stiff the backing is. Its so wavy and kinked up that it looks silly. For the last 2 weeks I have been moving weights, furniture and anything I can find to set on it to help flaten it out. Nothing is working because the jute backing is so stiff (and feels like its also old) that it just does not want to settle. The kinks are literally in every roll-fold, or every 4-5 inches all the way down the rug. The colors are also dreary compared to the photo. I gave it one star, as it arrived early. I'm hoping in a few more weeks it will lay flat in all of the messed up areas. If not, I'll drag it to the basement.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? over all darker
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. poor. Back is so kinked up and so stiff, that is looks horrible. Cannot get it to go flat, even with moving furniture all over it. Too many kinks to deal with!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I am really wondering if the ratings were hyped up.