I had been wanting to grow herbs on my window ledge but was always afraid that the seeds just wouldn't grow. When I saw this I thought ok I'll try it. When you open the kit, you'll find a lot of "dirt discs" that must be placed in the accompanying tray and watered to prepare for the seeds. First however, the seeds must be prepped as well. Some must be frozen first but most just need to be placed in water overnight. The following day, you expand your dirt discs,plant the seeds by type (be sure to create a "map" of what seeds are in what disc), and then cover all until they start to sprout. After that, remove to individual pots. So far, four have started growing on their own very nicely. I can't wait for them to grow enough so I can start using them in my cooking. All in all a very nice kit. Would recommend.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Image on site matched the product
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
I recently purchased my first home, and with lots more window, light and space, I was anxious to get some new plants! My 10 year old son is a budding chef and is developing a green thumb, so this was a perfect gift for him to celebrate the new house. The directions are clear and simple, the included laminated sheet was a great reference. We are both excited to have fresh herbs, and some added green to the new house!
- Did the image onsite match the product? Yes!
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes!
- How is the quality of the product? Excellent!
This is a nice little kit for starting an indoor garden. It has everything that's needed in one place. It is not particularly attractive though, it's a plastic tray with space for soil and comes in a box with a laminated sheet of directions and a DVD. The directions are detailed and require study to get going if you are someone who has to read everything before starting. I was expecting something more "gift-able" in appearance. It was for my mom who enjoys indoor gardening. We were joking about the directions and how complicated it all looks, plus the DVD, when really it's just soil and seed pods and a container that you water. But, if you get into it, you can learn about what you are growing and how to keep it going. Also, if you have it out in the house, on a window or in the kitchen, it's more science kit than attractive planter, so that's a bit of a negative. All can eventually be replanted.
Bought this as a house warming gift for my son and he was very delighted to receive it and get started with his herb garden
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? bought as a gift
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? recipient said it was perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. bought as a gift