Cannot discuss as to installation because we are in the process of returning this item. I feel the description is very misleading as it indicates the light is metal and chrome, but in effect the "drum" part of the light is made of a velum type paper with the design imprinted on it. Based on the description, I thought the drum was metal cut-outs. Nowhere on the description did it say velum or paper. If it were less expensive, we would have considered keeping it, but for the price, it wasn't worth it. Every time I looked at it, it looked cheap based on the cost we paid for it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? close in color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality was okay, but seemed to feel cheap for the cost of the product
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not accurate
This chandelier is very cool, but it was way bigger than it appeared online (about 2 feet across). Even the dimensions listed online seemed a bit small for what it was. I returned it and am looking for something smaller. It would be helpful if o.co would post some in-setting pictures to help with the scale since you can't see it in person.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality fine
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Measurements and picture were deceptive; item was too big for its intended spot
I should have read the other reviews! The picture was miss-leading as was the description; the shade is not chrome, but plastic with plastic chrome details, the shade was damaged,fill-fitting and and cheap! I thought that it was a laser cut shade. The crystals were of better quality. The metal base seemed cheap as well. I returned it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color OK; shade is NOT metal laser cut, but cheap plastic
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Cheap plastic shade; thought from picture it was laser cut metal; crystals look good though
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not very
This flushmount fixture is exactly what I wanted and looks beautiful once mounted. The shade is a little thin and flexible as well as the gauge of the metal of the mounting portion of the fixture. No problems hanging the items though. I did not realize that it takes special light bulbs but I had no trouble finding them at the local home center.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Picture shows item well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality, not quite as substantial material wise as I thought it mights be, but once mounted it looks very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? description was good.
This light is brighter than I thought it would be. The crystals sparkle, the shade is beautiful. I highly recommend this light.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color in the picture is good, but in actuality it's much better.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality, the light bulbs do not come with it. The directions are fair.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
They take G9 halogen bulbs hence the light is not super bright.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was the same as the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I ordered this for my entryway which I recently painted a pale grey (Olympic "Going Gray," for anyone who is curious). Even though I saw the dimensions, it was still larger than I expected (it's 16" across), but even in a small space - about 5' x 6' - it looks great. Installation is a two-person job unless you're strong and dexterous. It's simple enough, but the shade was so heavy that I couldn't support it and attach the wire nuts at the same time. By the way, wire nuts are not included, so if you're installing a fixture for the first time be sure you have some available. Despite what the sketchy instructions indicate, there is no distinction between the two wires, so you have a 50/50 chance of getting them attached properly on the first try. Now I'm NOT an electrician, but based on what I've read, if you get it backwards all that means is that the sockets are hot instead of neutral and you could potentially get shocked if you touch it while changing the bulb. That said, the sockets are quite tiny so the odds of touching the metal part are slim to none in my opinion. The other issue I had during installation was that my existing box was approximately 1/2" too narrow for the holes on the mounting bracket to line up. There are a few fixes for this, including drilling new holes in the bracket or replacing the box. I opted to utilize the hole designated for the grounding screw to attach it and it lined up perfectly. There's always a slight risk to an ungrounded fixture, but the previous fixture was vintage enough that it was ungrounded and I never had any issues so I went with the easy fix. Someday I may correct that if I have a capable friend who has the free time to help. Once you've installed the bracket and the shade, the final steps are to install the crystals and bulbs. One extra crystal was included. They're tedious to install but not difficult. As for the bulbs, they are not included, and because they're G9 they can be pricey. They can be had pretty reasonably online, but because I waited I wound up paying ~$27 for 5 locally. Because I know I have at least one more fixture lined up that takes G9s, I will definitely be ordering some to have on hand. It puts off a massive amount of light for such tiny bulbs, which I'm sure is at least partially owing to the shiny silver plate inside. I've read statements on other sites that this fixture has a chrome or chrome plated shade. I don't believe that's true. It appears to me to be plastic-coatd fabric that's been painted or screen-printed on. It's quite pretty, but it's not chrome. All in all, I'm quite pleased with my purchase.
This flushmount chandalier gives off beautiful light. Found the quality to be very good, it even came with an extra chystal pendant. Keep in mind as the description says, light bulbs are not included and these babies can run you $7 each (suggest ordering them in packs of 5 on Amazon for best price). That said, when you get all the lights installed it is very bright - suitable for a large bedroom.
This light is a perfect fit in my attempt at turning our 100+ year old farmhouse into a disco farmhouse. The price can't be beat! highly recommend.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Spot on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot on