The lamp looks charming over our dining room table. Even though the underside is plastic we hung it low enough that you would have to get under it to notice. It took a bit of creativity to bend it into the right shape and turn the shade so that you couldn't see the side seam in the shade when lit. When we finally got it all together, we thought it was pretty cute!
We put this in our bedroom and it looks so contemporary. Love the clean lines. A bit taller than I had anticipated so it hangs a bit lower than I would have liked so we eliminated all the chain. Still a great value. The instructions are minimal and it took some guessing to figure it out, but we persevered and it took it longer than anticipated. Overall it is a great looking addition to our transitional style bedroom.
I placed this light in our dining room and it gives nice light and is dimmable. Assembly is not easy. Luckily my husband is handy and patient. The iron color is darker than what I would consider antique bronze as advertised. More black than antiqued. Overall it is a nice fixture and the crystals are a nice touch. The diffuser eliminates glare and hides the lightbulbs.
Very happy with the product. Fast delivery. No missing parts. The quality of the Chandlier is good. The crystal drops are a nice quality and reflect the light very nicely. I can't comment on how easy it was to assemble or install because I hired someone to do that. Overall for the purchase prise I am very happy that I purchased this. It looks great over our dining room table. I would recommend it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I am happy with the quality of the product. The quality is good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
I wanted a drum pendant that had a bronze finish to it instead of the usual polished chrome, so this was it! I like the "bling" that the little crystal additives give; however, be aware that the shade is of a "canvas" type material, so irregularities in the weave are to be expected. if you want a completely uniform consistant look in the shades cover, you may or may not get it with this one. up close its easy to see that the irregularies are due to the fabric, but from across the room, they make it look dirty/dented/torn/etc. Its a bit of a huge pain putting together at the top (there are three nuts that all have to be tightened right next to each other in a small space). But be aware that although the picture shows that the inner lamps cant be viewed from below the pendant due to a cover type piece, it is NOT what you'd expect. The lamp comes with a shiney white plastic disk that's intended to be mounted under the shade. its ridiculous because the material, thicknes, sheen, everything doesnt match the shade at all and really cheapens the pendant! the piece isn't bad, overall it looks ok, I just had hoped for a covered bottom and uniform looking shade when purchasing this. If you get it and end up not liking it, Overstock is awesome with accomodating a return.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. ok, could be better..the plastic bottom shade piece is unacceptable though.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate, just didnt mention the plastic bottom shade piece.
If you've installed lighting before, you may be able to work your way through the installation instructions. If you have no experience, don't make this piece your first effort. The directions are terrible. I was able to get it installed, but I have installed several ceiling fans and lights in my home before, and so had some idea of what I was doing. Having said all that, I am quite happy with the way the piece looks, and it gives just the right amount of light for my small dining room. I like that the crystals can be taken off, put on, or replaced with something else. I have kept them on, because I like the little bit of bling they add. As I write this review, we are entering the Christmas season and I have put a small garland of faux greenery around the top of the Chandelier (where the first set of crystals drop), and another garland around the top of the the drum (where the metal elements curl up), being careful that none of it is close to the bulbs, it adds such a festive focal point to the room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The shade isn't as white as it looks in the picture, a bit more cream, but that worked better in my dining room anyway.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not the top of the line, but reasonably well made.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description is fine except it doesn't make very clear the fact that this piece does not take standard light bulbs but requires chandelier bulbs. They are not hard to find, but we had to make a run out to the store as we didn't have these on hand.
I love how this fixture looks in my dining room! It is high styled and looks more expensive then it is. Excellent for the price. The only negative is that the white plastic piece on the bottom doesn't sit perfectly straight but it isn't really noticeable. One of my favorite purchases from overstock.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
I wanted to replace the outdates chandelier in my apartment. This one was easy to install, but one bulb has never worked. That is very disappointing.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. one light has never worked.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ok
It hangs over our breakfast table. Love the look...coordinates well with our chandeliers in the kitchen. Not the highest quality...we had to bend the arms to keep them from pushing into the the shade. The directions were terrible but we were able to figure it out after a while. For the price, we would purchase again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very dark bronze
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. average, but good for the price
This light fixture is beautiful! It was easy to assemble and the crystals add just the right amount of sparkle. Can't wait to hang this in my master bath!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly as described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. exactly as described
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exactly as described