I have this hanging over my nine foot dining room table and it is just the right size, not too small and not overwhelming. As another review stated the ring that you hang the crystals on is a little off, so you have to move the strands around to make it work. I also added some larger square crystals on every third strand which helps to make it look more balanced. I replaced all of the wires used to attach the crystals and added silver bow tie connectors. The crystals may not be 35% lead but they are not plastic as someone stated.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Looks like oil rubbed bronze, not copper
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems very sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
The chandelier is hanging over our stairway/hallway upstairs. It's very nice, even though the crystals are plastic, you can't tell. One review said the crystals were already attached to the chandelier but unfortunately mine wasn't and it was hard putting them on, my nails paid a price for it and you can't wear gloves cuz the holes are small. Description should definitely say you need to put the crystals on yourself! There's no description showing you how to install it, but my husband managed. I would recommend this if you're looking for something contemporary.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? No
this light was the perfect solution for over our kitchen table. i wanted a chandalier with a shade, my husband a pendant style fixture. this was the perfect compromise. i love the open feel it gives to our space, the cystals look beautiful and are easy enough to attach. everyone who sees it loves it. it also throws a great shadow onto the ceiling. we put it on a dimmer so it has great versatility. i am very pleased with this purchase and would definately recommend.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the color of this chandalier is closer to black
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the quality of this light is very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? i wouldn't say this a "copper" colored chandalier
Beautiful Chandelier. I have it in my master bedroom sitting area. I did not use the rod extensions & mounted flush to ceiling. Only surprise was the beads were plastic. (Once installed you could not tell they were plastic though). Good purchase
Very happy with the chandelier. Does not look cheap. Love the rustic and traditional look of the chandelier. It was packaged very well. Instructions were vague like the other instructions I have received from overstock.com. I have learned to decipher them. I took the recommendation from other reviewers to control the tilt effect/look of the crystal strings by 1) moving the crystal strings from one side to the other to balance the weight; and 2) adding an additional crystal to the bottom to some of the crystal strings, but the tilt was still too visible for me. My DH was able to reduce the tilt by moving the inside circle around. Two days after installation (in our dining room), I decided to shorten the crystal strings to the length of the cage bottom – like it MUCH better. To me, this made it look cleaner/sharper. Also, we don't notice the tilt effect/look any more at this height – it may be an optical illusion but works for us.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Closer to black than copper
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Overall, I like the fixture despite my comments above. I used 60 watt lamps which can be glarey if you look directly at the fixture but i used a dimmer so there is a lot of flexibility of light levels and mood. Yes you have to install the crystal accents but it's no big deal however the accents do not all hang at the same level. Still I have received nothing but complements on the fixture.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color of photo is accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good, not great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description may be misinterpreted- "copper" is more like dark or aged bronze and crystals are not glass. Also the fixture says 60 watt max lamps, not 40 watt like the description.
I looked for months to find a fixture I like and I'm so glad I decided to order this one. I LOVE this pendant light! It's just the right size for over my dining room table and adds the modern touch and elegance to the room I was looking for. It was packaged very well and didn't take much time to hang the crystals, which were also better than what I expected - they are heavy and don't look cheap like I was afraid they might, considering the reasonable price on this light. I'd highly recommend.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great color, heavy crystals
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. VERY nice quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good.
This is a beautiful light! Although I was a bit surprised by the size (bigger than I expected), it was still a perfect fit for the dining room area in my townhome. The texture is kind of rough, but I was fine with it, because the combination of the somewhat rough texture and brilliant crystals captured the blend of elegant and organic elements that I am using in the room. Very happy with my purchase! You do have to attach the crystals, but, as others have stated, it is really no big deal.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Decent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
The chandelier that I received was bent into a wonky shape and one of the metal tines had come unglued. Overall, not a high quality product, but nothing much is these days. I bent it back into a mostly sperical shape and if I don't touch the tine, it stays tucked up under the cap. It's hard to tell that it's not exactly round after I bent it back into shape, so I kept it. It's an interesting looking fixture; simple, but pretty. It's too bad the quality is so low.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was pretty close to accurate. The actual metal is black with flecks of coppery color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Low
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty accurate.
I bought two of these (to flank either side of my bed) and they are stunning. I can't express JUST how beautiful they are. When the lights are on, there is so much sparkle from the crystals, bouncing little rainbows over the walls.... sigh. I love them. And attaching the crystals isn't a big deal. People are so lazy. It isn't hard, it just takes some time. But when you are done... oh, it is so worth it! 40 watt bulbs are ideal, you can use 60 but the light is too bright. I did not find anything, anywhere, that compared to the style or compared to the price. It might seem like a lot of money, but is truly worth every penny. I had to rewire them (because I don't have electricity in the ceiling of my apartment) and so now, they plug in to the wall. Easy to do too! If you love these chandeliers, buy them. Don't wait. I waited, they sold out, and then I was checking back every day, hoping and praying that they would get more in stock! I was so happy to get mine, the cost is irrelevant.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is outstanding!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect.
This light. When I saw it I knew I just had to get it for my dining room/eat in kitchen. I didn't need something too big as my eat in kitchen is a fairly small space in the same area as my kitchen. And at the same time I was worried it wouldn't be big enough. It is just the right size and looks gorgeous hanging above my table for six. I think it would still work for a smaller or even larger table as long as the room wasn't too big. My husband and I did have some pretty major issues trying to put it together. The instructions are minimal and we could not get it to work once it was all put together, as if there was a piece missing or in the wrong place. We had to email the manufacturer directly and send a picture. They responded within 24 hours and informed us one of the screws was put in the wrong place when it was shipped. After several hours of taking it apart and putting it back together at least 4 times or more we finally got it, although, we kind of had to improvise a little but once it was finally up it did look really nice and it was worth the blood sweat and tears to get it up. The crystals from what I can tell are very good quality. These crystals hang below the bottom of the light fixture and they unfortunately are not level across the bottom and are a little crooked. I try not to pay too much attention and still get lots of compliments on it. We originally put 60 watt bulbs in and when it was turned on it was almost blinding so my husband and I decided to put a dimmer switch on it. We went to our local hardware store to get a dimmer switch and was also talked into getting LED bulbs instead of what we were using and we actually got 40 watt. Once we put these in the light was just right and we no longer needed the dimmer. All in alll it looks beautiful in my "dining area" which is open to the living room and I find myself constantly staring at it.
I love this light! I put it in my entry way and it looks absolutely fabulous. The bling of the beads cast an interesting pattern on the walls and its just what I needed to compliment the area. Base has tilt and will hang perfect from any ceiling pitch.
So cool and so different. I wanted something to go over our HUGE kitchen island....but it needed to be big and make a statement....without visually "cutting" the room in half with bulky fixtures. Enter these cute lights! Totally different and unexpected. Lots of light (don't go with anything over a 40 watt bulb or you'll feel like you're being interrogated by the KGB). Everyone oohhs and aahhhs over them. It is kind of a pain to hang all the "crystals", but with a few glasses of wine, pair of needle nose pliers, and an episode of House Hunters International, we were all set. Very custom look, compared to the standard fixtures. Good value for the money.
The pictures do not do this light justice. We put it over a kitchen table in an open floor plan and it is rustic yet elegant. The crystals, while not glass, are great quality and give off awesome light refraction. We get so many compliments on it and I can't believe how low it is priced considering the high end look of it. You will not be disappointed! I never give reviews but this deserved one! Look at the dimensions, it is pleasantly larger than expected
This is unique and lovely chandelier. I bought this for laundry room in new home, makes little chore of laundry not so much of a chore. Purchased in copper color which is like oil rubbed bronze. The wire cage is large as measurements describe. Initially I had up without crystals thinking it was impressive without them then I added the bling and WOW. Very cool and different. If you are looking for new light your neighbors won't have but everyone will want then this is it. Thanks Overstock.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Great
I ordered two of these lights to go above our long dining table and I love them. I have received more compliments on them.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Looks beautiful!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
We bought this lamp for our stairwell leading to the second floor bedrooms and LOVE IT! It is the perfect blend of masculine/feminine, traditional/modern, casual/dressy styling...the crystals truly illuminate the space while the frame gives it definition even when the light is not on. We loved it so much that we bought a second one for our stairwell to the basement. Great price. Putting the crystals on was pretty easy to do, if yours didnt come already attached.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good, sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate information
I searched and searched for a unique light fixture and finally found this one. It is very nice and the lights against the crystals give off a dazzling appearance in my dining room. I have a small round dining table, so the scale matches perfectly. I love it. I had a professional electrician install it, but put the crystal strings on myself. Not a problem.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.