I fell in love with these chairs: they were exactly what I wanted for my kitchen. I decided to order them one at a time to test them out. It was beautiful and easy to assemble, but guess what: no one in our family could sit in this chair. It was so completely uncomfortable that I decided the chairs much be for looks only. The design actually cuts you off at the thighs, so it's sort of like sitting in a cup. But the good news is that the people I dealt with at Overstock were so nice. When I explained the problem, they let me return the chair for a full refund and paid for the return shipping. I was so impressed with their service that I left the whole experience feeling really good about the company even though the chair didn't work. And that will keep me coming back for more. Service is everything.
This stool is a great idea--low profile-but bad design. The seat is too big. The edges are too tall, and it is very uncomfortable. I sent it back immediately after sitting in it and having three others try it. Thank good ness for an easy return policy!
I love the style of the chairs. I purchased 4. We needed parts from all 4 to get 2 together. The parts were either missing, had too many of something or not there at all. The two we managed to put together are beautiful. The other 2 were returned for credit rather than replacement because we could not handle another session of trying to assemble two more. Overstock.com was wonderful about arranging for pick up and crediting our account. I trust Overstock customer service to always take care of their customers. People were commenting about the colors. Ours is gold. It is not as sharp yellow gold as the picture indicates. It's softer looking and blends well with other gold, and terracota colors I have in the area.
I ordered these chairs because I was having a hard time finding purple stools that were not plastic. I love these! They're low profile and easily fit under my kitchen counter. They are solid (not flimsy) and great quality. Very easy to assemble!
Bought this in gold to match an ottoman. Love the color, very rich looking with the black legs. I am too short to get up into the stool comfortably, but my hubby does and says it is very comfortable. A wee dent in one of the legs when it arrived, but it doesn't detract from the look so we didn't return it. The pegs on the bottom of the legs are quite small, about the size of a dime/nickel or so. We just put in new vinyl tile in our kitchen so we plan to put different pegs on the bottom to avoid dents. Not sure if it will be an issue, but we'll do it anyway. Nice piece!
These barstools arrived very quickly and were simple simple to assemble. A few screws and voila! The microfiber is really rich and beautiful and the stools are sturdy and a very nice design and accent to any bar. The modern design is clean and I think these will last me a very long time. In general I don't purchase furniture that needs assembly but this was very quick and easy. I rely heavily on customer reviews for buying online and I would definately recommend these.
I bought 3 of these bar stools for my new kitchen exactly 12 months ago. Assembly was okay. I was definitely pleased with the way they looked. I have taken extremely good care of the bar stools - in fact despite the fact that they do not get high usage, i have rotated them once a month and checked/tightened the bolts (they do seem to loosen). Imagine my surprise when earlier this week one of the stools stopped swivelling! I turned the bar stool upside down and lo and behold - the frame that the chair sits on is cracked in two places! After a lengthy chat with customer service (45 minutes) where the representative first offered me a **** store credit to fix the stool. (Honestly, I would be afraid to sit on this stool again without replacing the entire frame that it sits on) In my opinion, Overtsock was dismissive of my concerns, and despite the fact that this was clearly defective merchandise, they would not replace the bar stool. The end result was a *** credit. So basically I paid *** for a bar stool that lasted just shy of one year. Not a good investment.
I bought these stools in black for my open concept kitchen, dining and living rooms. They looked great with my other modern furnishings. The shipment arrived vey quickly, great packaging and only took about 20 mins. each to assemble with the wrench that was included. They were very sturdy and seemed to be the perfect choice for us and my three grandchildren. The seats swiveled and I began to notice black smudges on my cream walls and cabinets after the kids went home. The fabric was leaving color wherever it came in contact with the wood work. Magic erasers and other cleaners couldn't remove them. I called Overstock and the representative was awesome. He suggeted a number of possible remedies but in the end, arranged the return.
I honestly don't know if I could have found what I was looking for anywhere else - purple counter stools! The quality of this product is beyond my expectations. These are high-quality, durable, well-made stools. I was thrilled to open the box and find such high quality wood & fabric. These stools are comfortable too!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The seat is not as big as it appears from the picture of the gal sitting in it, but quite adequate & comfortable
Very happy with the stools. Delivery was prompt, items were packaged solidly and securely, all parts were included, assembly was a snap (holes and threaded parts lined up perfectly), and the stools are very comfortable.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the color was just as shown in the photos
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality. Very solid, easy assembly, all parts lined up exactly, no wobbles at all.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on.
We bought the black Bar stools in 2010. We really like them and are comfortable in our apartment. I wondered how these stools would work over time and waited a few years before writing a review. I love these stools as much today as the first day I bought them. The only problem I would watch when you place the Black stools under the bar table is that the black can make marks on the wall when turning them on placing them under the bar table. Use a Mr. Eraser on the marking and that takes care of the problem. The product itself, however, is great.
Product was exactly as described. First item received was broken but the customer service representative arranged for pick up and sent out a new bar stool immediately. Was very professional and courteous.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I had been looking for counter stools for months in every store imaginable. I wasn't happy with anything. Too cheap looking, uncomfortable, too big, too expensive, not my style. I decided to try overstock. I had bought a few things before, but never furniture. Obviously, I was hesitant. You can't sit on them to try them out, you can't tell how durable they are. There were many reasons to not buy them. What a pain it would be if I didn't like them. Well, I was pleasantly surprised. I love them! The exceeded my expectations. And they were easy to assemble.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was a bit lighter than I anticipated, but it works better in the room.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I'm happy with the quality. They are solid and sturdy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate
These are exactly as described and fit well in the room. Very comfy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Dead on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
it's a cool design which works in a traditional, metro-eclectic and contemporary decor. Comfortable to sit in. Easy to get on and off and stable on carpet and hard surfaces
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Made in China...all visible surfaces and areas look cosmetically good, all those hidden from view look like they were made in China form the lowest cost provider. But everything fit up well and went together easy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not as big as it looks in the pictures
Great quality bar stool that was rwasonably priced. I love the oclors and purchased three of them for my new kitchen. They all were just as pictured on the web site and were a comfortable fit even for my 6 ft 3 inch son.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was exactly as picture on Overstock and perfect for my kitchen
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Although it seemed that some people who purchased this stool had it come pre-assembled, others including myself had to put it together, but it was easy and the quality was excellent.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurately described
We ordered three of these chairs in black. They are sturdy and appear to be well-made. Swivel turns nicely. The base is a basically a ring with additional padding in the middle. Our one critique would be, at least out of the box, the padding on the "ring" part is a little too high compared the center pillow part. This creates a little bit of a pressure point on the back of your legs. Not terribly uncomfortable, but noticeable. Situation may improve over time.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color matched well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Chair appears sturdy and well-made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was accurate.