We fell in love with this bar stool when we saw it. Although we kept coming back to the eggplant, we ended up purchasing the cream to compliment out off-white area rug in the living room. Both chairs are fully assembled and were packed extremely well. The assembler of one of the chairs was not paying close attention to what he/she was doing and tacked on the metal foot plates wrong. All four are crooked. Don't let this detour you though, all in all this a very fine product and very pleasing to the eye. They are also very comfortable to sit in. Having the low back does two things: 1) it forces you to sit up properly; and 2) it doesn't overwhelm the bar area by having too much going on. One more thing...you may want to remove the plastic floor protectors on the bottom of the feet and add something better. We noticed that it scratched our wood floor when we moved the chair. Go ahead and splurge....they are definitely worth it.
I was so happy when this stool was delivered whole, with nothing to put together. I purchased the shorter size, in brown. I could not be happier. While some reviews complained of the stiffness of the seat, I find it very comfortable. The stool feels very sturdy and I wouldn't want it to be any cushier. Of course, this is a matter of preference...firm vs soft. It swivels nicely. Thankfully, it doesn't swivel freely. It takes just a bit of effort on the sitter to get the seat to swivel. I don't like sitting in a stool that suddenly starts swiveling on it's own, particularly if I'm drinking or eating. The dark wood and microfiber cusioning is very rich looking. I got the brown and it is exactly as I expected. I do think the stool is pricey, but well worth it.
Reading all the positive reviews for this product, I purchased two sets of these swivel stools. The modern look and low back was exactly what we were looking for. The product arrived quickly and we were excited to get them assembled. Right out of the box, the stools were missing hardware and had the wrong sized washers. This required a trip to Home Depot. Upon our arrival home, we made our second attempt at assembling the stools. I got to work assembling one stool, my wife the other. As I was assembling the first stool, I turned it over to discover the factory missed several screws that should have been in place under the chair. I was concerned this would compromise stability in the long run, but figured another trip to Home Depot was too much for the day and I would address the missing screws under the chair at another time. I moved forward with the leg assemble. As I was assembling the legs I noticed one of the legs was split. It appears the supplied screws are too long and damage the wood. While this was happening my wife, who was working on stool number two, said to me "Am I going crazy or is this leg rest missing a hole?" Yes, the leg rest only had three holes not four! There was no place to screw in the fourth leg. We disassembled the stools and shipped them back to Overstock. While the stools are very attractive, they are a quality control disaster. The great news is Overstock.com provided exceptional customer service and my money was quickly refunded.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Unacceptable
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
This is my second purchase of this stool. I don't have to assemble with my previous purchased last year but this time I have to put them together. Overall it is not too difficult to assemble. I like the style and it is comfortable.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very close
I love my new bar stool. I am using it because i am working on my computer at the kitchen bar.. I have short legs so getting up on it was a challenge at first however it gets easier every time. This item is shipped in parts and has to be put together... wasn't hard or easy-- just doable.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect, i ordered red and love it
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. high quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
These are more expensive than other counterstools and we prefer to find the best deal. However, with our choice of sofa and wall color these seem to be the best style. I wanted swivel and man it looks great !! Everyone who has sat on them says they are super comfy (with the exception of my 6' 5" hubby). They do get heavy use and I did scotchguard them. I find that we need to vacuum them everyday so I will be curious how the fabric holds up in a few months. So far -great. Crumbs vacuum off or brush off quickly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact. The Eggplant is a beautiful muted plum. Goes with our 'Kasbah (Benjamin Moore)' color walls perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. No complaints.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact
These stylish stools arrived ready to sit on up to the bar. They are low profile which is just what I wanted. The fabric on the stool is soft and easy to clean. I got the brown and it's a warm true brown, matching my decor perfectly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
Was not happy with the green color. It looked very attractive on the site but the actual was an ugly lime green. The chair was not very comfortable and lacked any back support.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very Different. I liked the color on site but was very unhappy with the actual product.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality seemed good but I did not like the lack of back support.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fairly accurate
I just remodeled my kitchen and put in a bar. Prior to these we had large pub chairs with arms. We needed something smaller more modern and contemporary. These really did the trick. I love that they swivel. I went with 3 brown stools but I wish I had mixed up the colors like in the photos. I will say that once again we received 3 separate products with missing hardware but once again the overstock customer service came through. They really have been great when I have had to call. We received the missing parts a few days later. So far so good. I am Very pleased with our purchase. Sure I wasn't happy about waiting for the hardware but things happen and it was worth the wait. Excellent quality at a reasonable price! Make sure you get the right height. They do come in counter height and bar height. Yes, I would recommend these bar stools
Overall love the Bar Stools. The swivel is great, the low back I was unsure of but after placing them at my bar area love the love back. I can see past them to my view into dinning room. Also when sitting the low back is comfortable.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? A bit more on the yellow side of cream than white but it works.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good except the color was off a bit from what I thought it meant.
Black is black so I can't tell you about the color matching. However, the black legs match the black microfiber seats. I've read negative reviews on this but I must say............all three stools arrived completely assembled perfectly with no deffects or flaws...............packed very well, too. We have yet to actually use the stools because we are in the process of buying a house and I ordered the stools for the breakfast bar. Can't wait to move in ad use my new stools. We did sit on them and they seem very comfy:) Another plus is that they arrived early!! Thanks overstock.com:)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on with the description.
I got 3 of these bar stools in brown to use at my counter level eating area in my remodeled kitchen. They are of good heavy quality and were very easy to assemble. They look rich and classy near the great room and look great with the new granite. They are sturdy, comfortable and swivel and give some lumbar support without having a high back.
Very happy with the stools. We ordered 5 of them for our kitchen island. Our most important criteria was that they would be sturdy and not tip easily. We have young kids. I feel fairly secure that they are safe on these. We ordered black. I have to vacuum them daily because they show everything! However, they look beautiful after a vacuum and a damp wipe down.
I purchased 3 gold barstools and they are beautiful!! They are comfortable and add so much to my recently installed Typhoon Bordeaux granite!! My only very small problem was that 2 of the 3 had to be tightened, the stools were loose at the base and even after tightening they wobble a bit. Even so, I would purchase the exact stool in the exact color!!
These counter stools are just perfect in my contemporary home. Sturdy and Distinctive. They were easy to put together--for just one person. Also pleasantly surprised to find that the tops of the rungs on the legs have a metal strip to protect the wood. Mine are black , though I considered the purple. LOVE THESE!