My hubby and I tend to redecorate every 3-5 years. So, we don't like to spend a lot of money on furniture when we just end up giving it away when we hit a new decorating phase. Thought this sofa looked cute online. Ordered it... and it basically meets expectations! It was packaged well; contained all needed pieces/hardware; and instructions were pretty clear. The only thing that was a tad bit disappointing is the color. The Overstock ad said "cream color" but the sofa we received was taupe (or light brownish/tan). We debated returning it...but decided that the taupe color actually matched our living room. My hubby put this together single-handedly in about 1 hour. All in all - pretty easy stuff. The sofa, once assembled, looks virtually identical to the picture shown. It's a wee bit smaller in real life but it's fine. I would not recommend for someone trying to fill a large room. In terms of comfort, I really like it. I like a more firm sofa that I don't have to struggle to get out of! This sofa has firm cushions but that are comfortable. The back of the sofa is firm, too, but comfortable. The sofa also seems very sturdy. Our kids jumped on it right after being assembled and it was fine! I don't think anyone will notice that this is an RTA (ready to assemble) sofa when they walk in our living room but I also don't think anyone will think we paid $1500 or $2000 for it! All in all, I recommend this to frugal apartment or townhouse dwellers that need a stylish sofa that is comfortable, easy to assemble, and reasonably priced.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Sofa is taupe/light brown/neutral -- not cream!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality, not great. It's what you would expect from a $500 sofa
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
Like other reviewers noted, this is a VERY firm sofa, which I actually prefer. I'm on the short side (5'4"), so always challenged to find furniture that lets me touch my feet to the floor, but this fits me perfectly. This was very easy to put together by myself (30 minutes), and although the separate pieces appear light (much lighter than the 40 year old couch I got rid of), the construction seemed sturdy while putting it together, so I'm expecting a long life for the type of wear it will get (kids will not be jumping on it). I was looking for a classic looking replacement sofa, that wasn't too expensive and got very high ratings. I found everything I was looking for in this sofa. Could not be happier!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good match, maybe a little bit tanner, but matches existing furniture beautifully
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
I bought this couch for the sitting area in our kitchen. It wasn't noted in the description that it came disassembled, but it shipped in 3 boxes and I put it together myself. Some of the screw holes weren't exactly lined up so it made it a little challenging at times. If I had to choose between easy and hard though, I'd say it was easy to assemble. It looks really nice and I'm happy with the purchase! I would not recommend buying this couch to be the "main" couch in your house, i.e. where you watch TV, nap, etc. It's very firm and great for entertaining purposes, so keep that in mind. The only negative thing regarding shipping is that the little bags of silica broke open during shipment so they went everywhere! But that has nothing to do with the product itself.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was a little darker tan in real life than the picture shown originally (not current photo). But still neutral.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Pretty good!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very.
We are very happy with this couch. We weren't sure how nice the couch would be given the inexpensive price, but we are very happy with it. We wanted a couch in our living room, but we didn't want to spend a lot since we won't use it everyday and we have young kids who may destroy it. It looks great, is pretty comfortable and has taken the beating from our kids too. The assembly was a little challenging but no longer than an hour and two people needed (although doing it alone is certainly possible).
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
i was a bit reluctant to purchase this item because i was not sure of the quality but once I put it together I was very happy with the purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color is a bit more muted than on the site but was pretty close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. inexpensive but does not look inexpensive
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate description
I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. After 2 weeks of light use it looks terrible! I would love to send it back but will probably just try to recoup some of the money from selling it at a yard sale because it would be impossible to take it apart, package it and return it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It's far greener than shown in the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I have had this for about 2 weeks, cushions are starting to ripple, the fabric (not microfiber) water spots so there is about no way to clean it. The fabric is not microfiber, I have other pieces that are microfiber and this is very different.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? poor
The only thing I can say positive about this sofa is, --it is very firm. This is not furniture for a living room. It is better suited for a den or family room The fabric is something that I have never seen on a sofa. This sofa stains very easily. The cost doesn't match the product. Who in their right mind would put this price on a very inferior made product. I need a refund ----at least half.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? ok
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the material on the sofa was cheap
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the picture made this sofa look more expensive
This is a great looking and comfortable - if you like firm - sofa for the money. I put it together by myself in about an hour. Directions were easy to follow, all the pieces and screws were there. It looks quite nice, but I can't speak to how well it will hold up as I've only had it a few months and it is in the living room so it doesn't get daily use.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. neat seaming, no frays, no mars on the wood.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
I regret buying this sofa. It seems even water stains the material! Okay, clearly an exaggeration; however, within two months of ownership we had a cover put on the couch because the mysterious dirty spots became an eye sore. So much for looking nice. The biggest disappointment is the spring breaking away and creating an ugly and uncomfortable large bulge on the sofa seat. I am trying to fix it, to little or no avail. This is why I am here to warn you, even the small price tag is much too expensive. Next month we will had had the couch one year, time to buy another couch!!!
Absolutely love the look of this couch, but in just a few weeks the cushions are becoming misshapen, and you can feel the springs in them as well. There is minimal use of this couch, so I am guessing it would not hold up to people sitting on it on a daily basis. The color and materials are great, and like I said, love the looks of it, but it's a couch - you should be able to sit on it!
This product had to have been defective. Three different people attempted to assemble correctly without success. finally managed to get it 'good enough' and only one side is now not completely attached. not worth returning b/c would have to take apart and ship in boxes via ups. should've known the price was too good to be true.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? similar
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality would be great if it either came assembled or was easy to assemble
I was a little leery about selecting this sofa based on previous reviews about holes not lining up, feet being loose, etc, but I'm happy to report that they have improved the process of assembly. The couch is delivered in three large packages, one that contains both arms/ends with feet and brackets already installed. The other two packages are the back, and the bottom with cushions. The ends of the back and bottoms already have brackets installed as well. To assemble you simply line up the brackets, easily done by two people, slightly less easily done by one, drop them into place, and boom, you have a sofa in less time than it took to get the packaging material off the pieces. I am extremely pleased with the material and design of these couches. We ordered two sofas, both in the "haze blue" color. Because of the linen-type texture of the fabric and the variagations in the color, it matches well with a variety of blue tones. The lines of the couch likewise lend themselves to a variety of styles. We have ours in our rustic/craftsman/farmhouse/eclectic/vintage home and they look amazing. I could just as easily see them paired with mid-century or modern decor. I was not thinking they would be "sink in" comfortable couches, but I am actually very pleased with how comfortable they are. We have two seating areas in our house and I'm surprised at how often we and our kids gravitate to these sofas, well beyond what could be attributed to the novelty of new couches. I'm a picky sleeper and could easily nap on them with a soft pillow and comfy blanket. I also love the fact that I can sit all the way back and let my legs swing. They have excellent postural support without the softer back cushions. I'm sitting cross legged on one right now as I type this, and am perfectly comfortable. An additional benefit of firmer cushions and no seperate back cushions is that these sofas never look rumpled or untidy, which in our house is a minor miracle, considering that we have several biological and foster children messing around on them more or less constantly. These same children have managed to mark them with everything from "I really hope that's mud" to "I just don't want to know". I'm extremely happy to report that diligent application of disinfecting wipes seems to remove all marks so far from the fabric. We noticed no smells beyond a mild "new furniture" smell. The seat cushions are not reversible but do have zippers. Thankfully we haven't had reason to attempt removing and washing them. We honestly could not be more pleased with these sofas. We've purchased expensive sofas from large furniture stores before, and have not experienced them to have a corresponding superior amount of quality compared to these. We were also extremely impressed with the customer service of Overstock.com. I realized the day after I ordered the sofas that I had received a 10% off my entire order coupon in my email. I called and the very helpful customer service specialist applied the coupon retroactively and refunded me the difference. I would recommend both the sofas and Overstock.com.
I've owned this sofa for 2 years now. After the 1st year a screw on the arm rest section came lose and now the couch wiggles very losely. When it arrived, it arrived in several sections in different boxes and we had to put the thing together. It was fairly easy. Nothing to it. But now the screws are coming lose. When we were building it we tightened the screws tight enough so this wouldn't happen. This sofa is definitley not made for daily use in someone's house. Maybe in the bedroom or office type of couch where people aren't going to be laying on it and using it often. It is beautiful and the fabric has resited - there are no tears, only little fuz sticking out of which takes away from it's "elegance".
This couch is light weight and on the "cheapy" side in my opinion. I thought if I ordered here, I'd be getting a better sofa for a discounted price, but NO, you're getting what you pay for. So don't expect a quality sofa. The fabric/upholstery is really unsightly in my opinion. The box it came in says microfiber, but it is not. It is a weave- very stiff, polyester looking, that resembles the upholstery covering a cheap car seat. Looks like it may snag fairly easy as well! The pictures make it look much softer and smoother looking. This is good for someone who is on a budge, doesn't have too high expectations, just something to make do with that looks fairly decent. I don't think this sofa will last long. It is not well made. This is about the same quality as the cheap futon I am replacing. A bit disappointed. I would have gladly spend a couple hundred more for a longer lasting, higher quality sofa.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. you get what you pay for, average- low
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Close, but pictures are decpetive
We ordered a bookcase, coffee table, and this sofa from overstock and I'm not sure I'll ever shop in a furniture store again!!!! The quality can't be touched!!!!!!! Blew my mind!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was perfect.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Soft durable micrfiber material. Unfortunately my girlfriend just left and her son put a huge wet footprint on the sofa. A wet washcloth took off the stain!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
Just received this sofa for my small condo size livingroom. It's the perfect size...not overwhelming at all. The color and look is just as I expected. The sofa seems study. It only took my husband to assemble in about 10-15 minutes!!!! The only downfall is that it is not as comfortable as my older sofa...but it's o.k.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems sturdy...
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate enough....
I own several Inspire Q sofas and know they are very nice for their exceptionally low prices. The Winslow Concave Arm modern sofa is no exception. It is beautifully designed and modern and the fabric is gorgeous. I have two small short-hair dogs and a cat, so I'm used to pet hair on the furniture and have a variety of gizmos to remove it. Unfortunately, after several weeks of having the sofa in my living room, I went to remove the pet hair and found this was extremely difficult! Unlike my other Inspire Q sofas that have a microfiber fabric, the weave of this couch seems to trap pet hair and hold onto it. I tried the vacuum with various attachments, a specialty hair remover roller, a hair-removing fabric sponge, and a lint roller and nothing worked well. Eventually, I had to move the couch to the guest room (where pets are not allowed) and it took several hours of work, and an entire lint roll to get most of the hair off. That involved vigorously rubbing the fabric with the lint roller and several directions, and it was a lot of work! Again, beautiful sofa for a fantastic price but pet owners beware!
I ordered a gray sofa. Have had it now for less than one month. The box in which it was delivered said gray. Opened the sofoa and thought it was a weird color. Called customer service, they insisted I ordered a taupe sofa. The "gray "sofa I ordered, was in fact taupe. The sofa was really small. THe seat was not very deep. It felt like lobby furniture. Result: Looking for a new sofa.