I would not buy this for a high traffic living area, since not the most comfortable but I loved the clean lines and color. Similar sofas were over $1000. It was a little tough to put together at first and some of the predrilled holes were not lined up correctly but it was easily fixed. Took about 45 min to assemble.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was perfect for our earth toned office decor
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality was not bad for price. It is not the most comfortable seating but it is just fine for our lobby and you cant beat the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I've purchased quite a bit of furniture from Overstock in the last few years, so I am pretty familiar with the level of quality to expect for the price. In general, I've been very happy, and always had my expectations exceeded when considering the prices I've paid. This one just about broke my confidence though. From other reviews, it sounds like the ease of assembly is a shot in the dark and may depend on which box you get. Perhaps we drew the short straw, but here was our experience: It took my husband and I close to two hours to get it even kind of assembled (and we're no novices to assembling things). Not only did the screw holes not line up correctly, many of them were the wrong size and stripped the screws as soon as they were the least bit off-center. When we removed a screw to realign it, the hole anchor popped out of one of them. Really exceptionally poor construction. When we took the covering off the bottom of the loveseat to start attaching the arms, the wood used to construct the frame was almost comical. Boards were split, diagonal support boards were each a totally different size (ranging from 4-8" each) and the wood has large noticable streaks of blue and black and brown. It literallly looks like it was salvaged from a junkyard. We finally got the arms fairly well attached, though by no means lined up well, thinking it would at least be out of the way while we figured out if we would return it. My husband kind of punched the side of the unruly arm once we had it standing up and it popped it pretty well in place. We purchased the piece for our in-kitchen hearthroom, so it will not be used daily or even regularly. The color goes well with our warm wood floors and sage green walls, so we have decided to keep it since it seems like it would be a huge pain to box it up and ship it back. Again, we feel we probably for once got what we paid for. Now that it's been in place for a few weeks, it actually seems pretty sturdy. Our two year old climbs up on it easily and the fabric has done well with at least one minor spill. Knowing it will take a little abuse was one of the reasons we went with a less expensive couch, so in that respect it fits the bill. I just don't have a huge amount of confidence in it since I saw the ridiculous materials and construction of it. I threw in the second star since it looks great as long as you don't 'peek under the hood.'
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poorly constructed
This is a cute little love seat. It is firm but comfortable to sit in & have a conversation. But not a good fit if you want to fall asleep on it !!! The firmness is not "Hard" it's more like " Very supportive" when you sit on it if that makes sense ?? It was relatively east to put together with one person. The lines are clean. The few things I didn't like about this love seat are first the color was much lighter in person. On site it looks like a dark taupe/dark olive color. But in person it's a very light tan, beige. Also, The fabric was not appealing too much either because on site it looks like a high end lux fabric but in person it's like this weird mod sheen polyester or something. We kept it because its comfortable, has clean lines & don't want to pay shipping now. But will be def changing it out in a few yrs. Would I buy it if I saw it in person ? No. But that's just my taste.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Much lighter !!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality was great but not excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? About a 8 on a scale of 1-10 one being severely off
When you're shopping for a $400 love seat via mail order, you have to set your expectations appropriately. I was aware that this would be a middle of the road kind of thing. It serves the purpose of filling up a corner of a huge bedroom that we have. But it's not a piece that I would want to put in my living room. Assembly is easy, and I really like the lines of the loveseat, but the fabric is a bit cheap, and the shade of the arms (they come in a separate box) is different from the rest of it. It's noticeable, but when you see the size of these pieces, you just don't want to box the whole thing up to send back. So I'll put a throw on it, and light it appropriately. But I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend this.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fair. Arms are a different shade than the rest of the piece.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy. Firm seating.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? OK...but the microfiber fabric seems flimsy.
The only problem with the loveseat was that the legs were all exactly alike, and since the leg is tapered on one side it made the anchor screw hole visible on the front left side. Something I can work with but it would be better if it were hidden.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is like it appears in the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality seems good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ver accurate.
Surprised at how good it looks and how well it fit into the space. Specifications are bang on. Feels very sturdy as well!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Exact
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact
I was a little worried reading the reviews but not to worry it is beautiful. No where does it say the bottom is velcroed in places so you can get to the bolts you need to use. I started ripping the skirt loose at the staples before I noticed the velcro. Not tightening the bolts till you have them all started would be helpful to all those who said it was difficult to put together. I'm a 60 year old lady and it was simple.