Its a very lovely bed but not very sturdy.. after replacing all the slats that came with the bed and even adding 3 more slats.. the bed became very strong and hasn't given a problem since. I also reinforced the rails on the bed with thicker screws... other than these minor adjustment the bed looks lovely... I feel the price should be adjusted because of all the readjustments I had to do.. its not like anyone whats the hassle of returning a bed ordered through the internet....
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Good but could be better
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Marginal
Our almost 15 yrs old son choose this Tuscany bed on Os site, when we just had to get him a new bed, since he was now too long for his regular Twin bed, and I must say he his very happy with it. He just loves his new big queen size bed! Once he picked this bed, I read all the reviews before purchasing, and except for needing more slate support (all the reviews stated this fact) for the mattress (since we did not want to use a box spring) the bed is really very nice and sturdy for a teenage boy, he will have this one for a very long time. We give this bed 5 stars for looks, ease of assembling and for being very sturdy. We would recommend this Tuscany bed, but be warned that you will need extra slates for supporting the mattress/box spring. We purchase from our local lumber store 5 extra 3x60 plywood and this fixed our support problem:). Thanks again Overstock as always for putting out good quality products and fast shipping.
This is a great looking bed and its tilted soft headboard is nice to lean on and watch TV or read in bed. The problem with this bed is that it comes with only 3 slats that are not even hard wood but plywood. I have been searching for mattress recently and all I inquired about require at least 5 hard-wood slats for their warranty to hold (unless you would use a box off course). I had to go to a local store and find same-size slats then look for another piece that match the legs to have it cut to accurate lengths. Then I had to make the holes similar to those on the original slats. The side boards that the slats are screwed on are red oak and too hard for the screws to go in without the help of a drill. It took me more than 7 hours, including the trip to the local store to assemble the bed, but I did it by myself. I called Overstock.com and asked for the extra slats they said because the design was with three slats they could not send me extra but they credited me for the extra slats I purchased. The only reason I did not buy another bed that was on sale and much cheaper was that reviews said assembly was difficult but at least that bed came with 7 slats. But overall, I am happy with my purchase.
The delivery is very fast. This bed is very good looking, nice quality, very nice color, very soft, easy to clean, easy to assemble. It has options to make your final bed higher or lower by using or not using your box spring and your old metal support with legs (making the bed matress/box spring assembly independent from the bed frame). The only thing, if you use the option of using the wood horizontal support that came with the bed, 3-support is not enough, but this is easy to fix, just buy few more 1"x2" wood cut in the same length as the other 3.
This bed is beautiful!!!!! As soon as I opened the box, I loved it. Very classy, stylish, and still modern! Leather fabric feels so soft and the color is also very accurate to the picture shown. Bed looks like it costs at least $1000. Very easy to assemble and fast shipping! Thanx OVERSTOCK!!
I ordered this bed on a Sunday and it was delivered 5 days later, Friday. Delivery in 3 boxes. I moved all 3 boxes by myself and assembled by myself. Took less than 1 hour. No directions but pretty obvious assembly. Bed is very attractive -- looks just like picture. Faux leather is a rich dark brown. No obvious defects at all. I currently have a box springs and pillowtop mattress on the bed. I think I may end up just using the mattress -- it's really more of a platform bed.
Beware that the materials used to support either the mattress or box spring is very cheap. I have had this up for about a month and last night my bed came crashing down. Luckily...the cheap wood screws away from the bed frame easily and I just popped my box springs down and my mattress on top...it still works but now the height sucks.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor quality..
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate
We love our new bed. Delivery was a snap; the delivery guy brought all the boxes into the house for me. I spent about an hour or so putting it together by myself (30-something female), and it was very easy to do so. I saw some complaints that there were no screw holes on the railings for the slats... They give you wood screws. You don't need holes, just screw them into the rails. Everything lined up really well and fit perfectly together. I bet we might have to tighten up the frame every so often, but probably not more than once a year. Even so, every night when we crawl into our bed, we are still so in love with our choice. The bed is sturdy and stylish and comfortable. We put our box spring & mattress on it, so it's a little higher than our previous bedframe, but it's a nice height. I would recommend getting more slats than just the three provided if you aren't using a box spring. The only bummer is that I'm lazy and don't clean often enough, so a little layer of dust builds up on the top of the leather headboard. First world problems, I know. But I love the footboard. We always used to lose our comforter during the night; it would slide down the foot of our bed. Now with the footboard, even through our mattress sits above the footboard, we still tuck our down comforter between the footboard & mattress, and it has been staying securely in place. Buying things online without seeing them in person can be a bit worrisome, but you won't be disappointed with this bed. We love it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is great. I have no complaints on the quality of this bed.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate. I got exactly what I had expected, and I'm very pleased!
I love the bed nice color and very sleek and stylish. Modern look.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Right on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
I read the previous reviews and I must agree with those who said the that color and style was accurate. I didn't use the slats as my matress and foundation are on thier own frame. Assembly of the 4 sides was easy and no problem
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Our delivery of the bed was somewhat disappointing because the headboard was damaged during shipping. I called customer service, and they were very polite and easy to work with. They had another headboard shipped out within 2 weeks. Customer Service kept in great contact regarding the shipment status via email. The headboard was worth the wait and once the bed was put together, I know it was exactly what we wanted. The product appears very sturdy and was easy to assemble. I would highly recommend this product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate description
I am very comprehensive about buying large items online, however I am so glad I made this purchase! The bed looks very stylish it's the perfect fit for my bed room, and it wasn't a bad price. I think this was one of the best large purchases I've made online. The bed was also very easy to assemble.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very durable and sheek
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
I received this bed and it is beautiful, I highly recommed. did not take long to put together and it was fairly easy. delivery was super fast.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? just like the picture
- How is the quality of the product? I give it a 10
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
Love, love, love this bed! Can't beat the price and the quality is fantastic. Would definately recommend. Realize that the curve on the sleigh is not huge - looks just like the photos.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? The bed looks exactly like it did on-line.
- How is the quality of the product? Quality is fantastic!
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Description on-line was very accurate.
this bed is not made to last - I am very disappointed we purchased this in October and my son put it together when he moved out - when he first put it together he said that the screws were not long enough that they were barely in the wood - and the 1x1 wood frame that holds the matteress up isn't sufficient either - since he moved back he had to put it together again and it totally busted on him 2 weeks later - so I feel like it was a complete waste of $$$ - I have purchased other beds from Overstock and they were fine - this one is just not worth it - I will probably end up buying him a new bed