We have a 1950's walnut dining table, and these chairs look great with it. I like a mix and match look. So we have 2 of these red Matilda chairs on one side, and we have 2 of the green Safavieh retro chairs on the other side. It looks so cute. These chairs were so easy to assemble, my sweetheart assumed they were pre-assembled, because the box came in, and the next thing he knew, the chairs were sitting at the table. He was like, "Honey, that's great these come pre-assembled!" And I was like "No, honey, I already put them together!" The chairs are plenty comfortable for dining (obviously they're not for lounging and watching TV for hours), and they don't take up much space. That was a key element for us, as we have a small apartment.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
The chairs arrived I reasonable time, setting them up was few minutes work and they are so comfortable for dining chairs, much better than what we had before. The color is not red it is more orange then red but not to bright, so it's ok with me. Love them.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is more orange then red that the site describe
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The chairs are great and more importantly vey comfortable.
I have been looking for replacement chairs for my "old fashioned" kitchen table. I am not usually one for bright colors but since my kitchen has light oak cabinets and light walls I chanced these. The table is oak grained laminate with silver legs and these chairs go perfectly with everything and bring color. I would not exactly call them red - sort of tomato color! They are comfortable. Relatively easy to put together. I put 3 chairs together, but needed help with one which my husband put together. Would recommend.
I was wondering about the color -- the photos show different shades. Our kitchen wall is soft orange, and we have a few bright yellow items as well as one red *** arm chair, so I wanted the chairs to be red but not too prime or as bright as porsche red. I liked the style of the chairs so I gambled on this purchase. I'm very happy with the chairs delivered. The red color is softer than porsche red -- a bit of almost pink tint in it as you see in the first three photos. My hubby says they remind him of 1950s car interior design in a good way. They are retro-cute, but still maintain a low profile in the kitchen. They were packed very carefully (almost too carefully). Assembling was quick and straightforward. They are as comfortable as this type of chairs could go. I sit on it for hours with no problem. They are great for NY small apartments. I wish they were less expensive (paid ***) but since I had very specific needs, I'm happy with my purchase. When I move to a bigger place, I hope that the same items are still available.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Closer to the first three photos. Not as strong as the last one.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. pretty good. simple and sturdy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate.