My daughter searched for months for an iron bed that had antique style without the antique price. We also wanted a bed sturdy enough for a teenager who flops on the bed rather than sits calmly! The bed is a perfect blend of style and function for a very reasonable price. It was very easy to assemble. My husband never reads, directions and he got it together quickly and without leftover parts!
I really love this bed it gives a great vintage feel. We are using it in our guest bedroom with a nautical theme and it looks amazing. It is a little darker in person, almost black. I used lighter colored linens so it helps lighten it up. I'm really disappointed that the bed had some really bad scratches right out of the box!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Bed is darker in person
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It seems very sturdy. I was disappointed that it had scratches right out of the box.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Yes
This bed is well made and easy to put together. It has a classic old American look. I plan on putting a quilt on it. Shipped quickly in two boxes. One of the holes in the footboard was missing threading so it would not accept the bolt; however, this did not affect anything in terms of sturdiness or stability of the bed frame. I just left the bolt out on that end. I'm sure this was a minor defect on this bed only and Overstock would have easily accepted the bed back (they are great on returns/exchanges), I just didn't want to bother shipping the entire bed back for such a minor, irrelevant defect. Overall, this bed is a great deal and looks great in my guest room.
You've read all the great reviews and I totally agree. Great packaging, shipping, color finish etc. overall great bed although it seemed a little light in weight to me. The only "weak link" is the head frame which connects both hind legs to extnesion legs.... both sides (pipes) of the head frame have crumpled ends to fit (by force) into two extension legs. For those interested in the TWIN dimensions, here they are: 51.5 inches high x 82.25 inches wide x 43.5 inches deep *** Height above ground of metal slats: 8 1/8 ", therfore if you have say 9" box and 9" mattress, the top of bed elevation would be 26 1/8". **** Space below side rails: Approx. 6"
Overall, it's a sturdy, heavy bed frame that will do the job well- I was pleased to see the center supports. Looks similar to the photo, though the finish is a little more brown than you'd be led to believe from the images. I'm okay with it- not a deal breaker- but worth being warned about. Arrived in two boxes, no damage, plenty of foam packed in. I'm generally pleased, and feel it was a good buy, even with the finish not being as I had expected.
Took longer to remove bed from packaging than to assemble. Instructions were wedged between packing foam and outer carton, but were clear and easy to follow. It went together easily. All parts were included and fit together without a problem. Bed has 3 metal cross supports, each with a leg, so this bed actually has 7 legs. Much sturdier than another fashion style metal bed I purchased 6 years ago. Bed is exactly what I wanted! Looks and feels very much like a bed from a high end retailer.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same as pictured and described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. better than expected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
I think the most important thing about this bed is that it is actually a bed frame, not a 'fashion bed,' which means headboard and footboard that you attach to a regular old metal frame with wheels. This is a full bed frame with center supports that you do not have to use a bed skirt with. I've been actually looking for a simple metal framed bed for our guest bedroom when I found this one but before I could pull the trigger it went on back order. Not only is this a dead ringer for the *** bed, but this was also literally the only full framed vintage style metal bed under about ***--original or reproduction. While this is no comparison to a real wrought iron bed (which I'd probably have gotten for my main bedroom), it is a great substitute for the look at a fraction of the price. Grab one of these why you can.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Close, in the picture it looks more black but in reality it has more of an oil rubbed bronze finish
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. surprisingly good for this price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurage
This bed is the exact same bed that I saw in potterybarn for a fraction of the price!!!! So happy I ordered it.....it gives my room the look I wanted!!!!!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Looks exactly as pictured!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? excellent description....as pictured!
I replaced my California king bed with this metal bed in full size. Love the bed. The finish is gorgeous and it gives a very casual yet tradtional look to my bedroom. The bed is a good quality and you can't beat the price! Another great Overstock purchase!