My bed arrived in Miami from Oakland, CA within less than two weeks. I was concerned that it would arrive with some damages, however, it was in near perfect condition. It was easy to assemble and looks beautiful. The platform slats are poor quality wood, and require a cover, or else they will ruin your mattress (unless you want to ruin your box spring instead, which is not needed). Unfortunatley, I had not done any research regarding vinyl products until the day after I assembled the bed, due to an overwhelming chemical scent that permeated everything in the room. Vinyl is a product that outgasses/offgasses. What is Offgassing? Offgassing is the evaporation of volatile chemicals in non-metallic materials at normal atmospheric pressure. This means that certain materials (vinyl) release chemicals into the air through evaporation. This evaporation can continue for years after the products are initially installed which means you continue to breathe these chemicals as you work, sleep and relax in your home or office. After two days, I had to disassemble the bed and physically remove it from my apartment to "air out" for over a week. The bed still has an awful odor, however, it seems to have dissipated a bit. Most unfortunately, is that the chemical gas odor has absorbed into my new memory foam mattress, as well as, all of the other fabrics in my room. My mattress is basically ruined. This bed looks great, isnt the best quality, but is a good price. Be warned and air it out for a long time outside before bringing it into your home, otherwise, it will cost you a lot more when you have to replace your mattress and other furnishings.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact, bright white
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Unsure
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I've always love tufted or upholstered beds, and was looking every where for one. though I found some on other websites for about the same price, overstock still had a better deal (new customers loyalty). The bed is very great for the price. I've had it for almost a year now, and have move to another apartment with it and its still fine. However, its not for people with kids or pets (probably a black one), it's easy to get scratch, scrape, and dirty but you just have to find a way to clean it. Its been easy to maintin for me. the only problem I have with the bed is the rails, they are very scratchy and unsteady. feels easy to break. but for the price, I love my bed. It completes my room
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? acurate- very white
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is not the best but pretty study for the few months i've had it for
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? acurate enough
Putting it together was not simple. It took two of us (the ends came somewhat smashed but we hammered them out to fit together). What was the interesting part: I bought this bed because I didn't want to buy a box springs and this bed seemed perfect; classy with wooden slats that would hold up the mattress. Except that when you move at night, they fall out. If you are an adult and plan to have some fun on the bed, the slats will keep falling out until one side is completely dismantled. I tried to gorilla glue them into place and that didn't work either. I had to take all of the slats off and unscrew the middle part, buy a box springs and put it on the ground. This bed is pretty to look at but not functional unless you never toss and turn, have a jumping child on it or do adult things. Basically no movement whatsoever on this bed.
Makes my room look very pretty but I think it will only last a few months ..really a waste of money
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the color came brighter
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the quality sucks !! my bed slides side to side it the rails broke in 2 days .. the fraim is very pretty but the wood is very cheap and the beams are plastic
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not accurate i recieved the wrong headboard
This bed may not look like much and was overwhelming at 1st site due to all the pieces but well worth it and only took 20/30 min to put together! Very comfortable and more durable than you would except especially at the inexpensive price paid! We love it and it's beautiful!
the bed looks exactly as the picture with a bit more of a shine to it. No tools needed to assemble and I put together within a hour with the hand tool provided. with my bed elevated higher and on the provided wooden springs base there is a massive different in also the feeling of the bed.
I love this piece of furniture I was a little worried after reading the reviews before I purchased it but it is amazing looks worth more than I paid for it the only thing I would suggest is to buy a frame the wood pieces to hold the bed is not strong enough to hold 2 ppl other than that no complaints
Not pleased at all. It is cream not white and more of a yellowish cream. Directions are absolutely horrendous and took forever to put it together. We put a ton of furniture together so my husband and I were shocked at how bad the directions were. One of the side inserts were bent so we had to take a hammer to it. I would have returned it because it isn't what we expected but it was such a pain to build it that I didn't feel like taking it apart. The cost is great but a lot of other websites offer great values as well so I would definitely try something else before ever buying this. The headboard is flimsy so we have to figure out how to add additional support to the back so it doesn't break off.
I loved the look of this headboard and decided I wanted it for my guest bedroom which has a full mattress. When I got it-I loved it so much that I wish I had bought it in Queen size and put in my room. Everyone LOVES this bed! It's a big hit. Be careful if you have cats because they love to claw the base part (but luckily not the headboard). I would buy it again and that's almost two years later.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality, especially for price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
This bed is a Great purchase! Very appealing, Modern & Contemporary. Slight Ivory tone to the bed, not a Pure white. Easy to put together. Only thing is I wish the support underneath was a little more sturdy. No boxspring necessary with this bed. Overall, the price was perfect for this piece. It was for a guest bedroom and I am extremely happy!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Somewhat
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
This bed goes great in the guest bedroom.. I like the low profile..the color is great. Overall very pleaseed with the purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality... the slats are not what I expected.. but there are 13 of them so I can't complain
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate