i am a bit disappointed with the support of the platform. if you move the bed, the base moves and causes the plastic supports to shift and fall. Not very well designed. Everyone that sees it, loves it, but I ama bit upset about color not being white.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the color is definitely not a bright white
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is good. however, the platform plastic supports do not work well.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fairly accurate
I was very disappointed in the overall quality of this bed despite the positive reviews. Once assembled (I'm pretty handy and it took just under 2 hours to un package and assemble everything with a friends help), the bed looks pretty nice from a distance. However the headboard is actually in two pieces. The wood supports that you screw into each half didn't completely line up, so I wasn't able to screw in one of the screws which wasn't a huge deal. The bigger concern is that the two pieces of the headboard do not line up so you actually have a noticeable gap between the two pieces, and the square pattern isn't aligned either. Even having better wood supports won't fix that quality issue! This bed also has several thin wood slats that are supported by flimsy plastic clips to support a mattress. The bed is actually fairly sturdy, but will be curious how this holds up over the long run. I imagine the return process would be a hassle for an item like this, so unfortunately I had tough lesson on risking buying a piece of furniture from Overstock. I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone.
I was really skeptical about purchasing this bed without seeing it first. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised when I received it. As long as you read the instructions, you'll be okay. My only complaint is that the wooden slats fall out. I bought a king bed and there are three columns of wooden slats that serve as the platform for the bed. Every time I go to sleep, I wake up and some of the slats have fallen out of their support. I suppose some of them are shorter than they should be and don't fit flush with each other when they're placed into the plastic supports. I also agree that the wooden slats are poorly made. Be careful not to get a splinter and place a sheet or something on top so the small wooden pieces don't poke into your mattress. All in all, I'm happy with the purchase. It looks much more expensive than the price (look online for coupons. I found one for 20% off which made the bed even cheaper!!)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty close to the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Easy to install but the rails for platform use very ruff had to cover with sheet or would have messed up mattress fabric! Should have sanded it some looks like they didn't do it at all-actually looks like wood to use for burning a fire place
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Little off white
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Bed is fine but the rails very ruff
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good