I ordered this chair on Monday, and received it on Wednesday! Both the ottoman and chair were packaged in one large box. Assembly consists of attaching a total of 8 legs (which took 2 bolts each). Not tools were required, since it came with a little wrench. Assembly couldn't have been easier. Be aware, this chair is NOT pure white. It is most definitely more of a warm, off-white (kind of like a very light cream). If it's important to you that it be a more pure white (or a very cool white), then this is not the chair for you. The legs are stained a very dark wood color. If you're pretty familiar with leather, you can tell the chair isn't real leather. However, the fabric is still quite soft and looks nice. The chair itself is quite cushy, and comfortable to sit in -- but I highly recommend placing a small throw pillow on the chair to provide some lumbar support, because the curve of the chair is unnatural for the spine, and could become uncomfortable very quickly. When I tucked a small, soft pillow behind my back, the chair felt perfect, and I could see sitting there for an extended period with no problem. Overall, I think this chair is a pretty good value for the money. I wouldn't say you're getting a steal, but you certainly aren't getting ripped off either. I'd happily purchase this chair again (although I do wish it was more white, because it sits next to a very white wall, and the contrast is noticeable).
I agree with the other reviewers about how attractive the chair and ottoman are. And Overstock could teach other online vendors how to provide customer service. Here are my assembly tips: I am disabled, and had to carry these separately into the house, without help, as well as assemble them myself. Not bad for a small-framed, older female. Keep both the chair and ottoman in the plastic bags they arrive in, during assembly. After laying out the hardware, wash hands thoroughly, before handling the legs. Next, wipe the legs off with a cleaner that will remove any possible dirt or oily hardware residue from the factory. I used a mild dishwashing soap, which did not harm the wood finish. Still keeping the chair and ottoman in their protective plastic, turn them over to place the legs on the bottoms. Cut holes in the plastic large enough to insert the legs and put in the hardware. Once assembled, I cleaned my hands and the furniture legs once again, then turned the chair and ottoman upright. Only then did I remove the plastic. Voila, absolutely no dirty marks on the white faux leather from handling the hardware. I hope this helps future purchasers avoid the oily stains on the faux leather, from handling the accompanying hardware down the road. I'm happy!
In the picture this piece looks awesome, in real life it smells like chemicals and if you wear a black shirt on it, you have left a black mark on the chair when you get up. Not the most practical piece of furniture, also not incredible comfortable.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? ok
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
This is a fantastic chair and ottoman set. It has a nice leather look that is a little pebbly, with no shine at all. Attaching the legs was a snap and everything was perfectly aligned. Just the right size for a corner space in the bedroom, away from marker-wielding children. Has faint new-vinyl smell and came with (glue?) smudges on ottoman that mostly came off with a scrub sponge. TIP: leave the outer wrapping on until you are done assembling as the hardware is a bit gungy and could leave marks.
WOW!!!I have no words for this chair but a big WOW!!! I am in love with it and everyone else that has seen it and set on it , they just wanted it,I dont know how to describe how i feel about the chair but one thing for sure is that if i could buy ten more i would,It is just the best of the bests and the beauty of it and how it makes you feel seating on it its just the best feeling ever!!!!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Definitely!!!
- How is the quality of the product? Well....I think its perfect!!!
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Definitely!!!
I purchased 2 of these chairs and they do not match! If you are purchasing 1 chair then you will probably be satisfied however if you are purchasing them for a sitting area they may not match! One is white and the other one is off white! They are too heavy to send back since they would cost a lot in shipping. Not exactly happy.... but will figure something out!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Does not match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is ok
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fair
This chair is not what I needed for the space but my husband wanted to keep it for his office. It was a little to big for my space and the color was off but the chair is nice.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color is not a bright white
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the chair is solid and it is not comfortable with out a pillow
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ok
It took a little longer for delivery than my other Overstock purchases, possibly due to Hurricane Irene at the time. It arrived in perfect condition, even though the box looked a little battle scarred. The chair was easy to put together and looks great in my bedroom. I have received many compliments on how beautiful and unique it is. I haven't sat in it much but I agree with the others, I think it will need a small pillow to support the back. The color is white, just not a bright white, more like a creamy, frozen custard white. Overall it is a beautiful chair.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It is a pretty white, almost like a frozen, vanilla yogurt
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It seems to be of excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I ordered two of these chairs. One ottoman came without the bolt necessary to complete secure the leg, and another ottoman had a blue smudge on the white "leather" that I can't get off. All-in-all for the price, these are great chairs. Easy to assemble and easy to move around as they are not too heavy. They look good and are comfortable, providing me in my small condo with great, cost effective seating that looks classy. The ottomans get a little dirty from use, but they clean up easily with Windex.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy and comfy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate. Photo very good realistic.
Nice as it looks online. Not creme color, it is a soft white. Not as comfortable as it looks, but for regular seating, a great hit, and looks very expensive.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Whitest seating I have found, not a creme color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
Overall I really like this chair and ottoman, however there is one drawback that prevents me from giving it 5 stars. The chair seems to lean to one side. I've changed legs around and it still seems to lean to the left just a bit. It is a great fit in my family room that is a modern retro design.
This chair looks great but know that it marks very easily and I haven't found anything to take them off. We put this chair in a guest room and the first time someone put a small suitcase on the ottoman it left several dark marks that won't come off. It is quite comfortable and stylish, but impossible to keep clean.
I bought this set as a prop to use for my sets in my photography studio. I really like it. I can't wait to use it in high school senior session or even a newborn session.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
After a difficult delivery that customer service solved speedily and I mean not only speedily but considerately, my children received this chair as a house-warming gift. They love it and it was just just what they wanted--the right size,comfortable and well-made. There were no surprises. They attached the legs just as others suggested (with the plastic still on the chair and ottoman) and it worked out perfectly no black smudges anywhere. A small lumbar pillow does help when sitting for a longer period of time but otherwise there are no complaints at all. Overstock not only provides great values and takes the worry out of ordering online they have super customer service.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The chair was just as shown.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well made and comfortable
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? well done
If this chair doesn't meet your expectations, Overstock will try to charge you $** to return it! The color isn't white, it isn't even "off-white" like some of the reviews have stated. I put it in a room full of white, antique white and off-white furniture, but this chair looked like it had a pukish green/yellow hue to it! It was so ugly it had to go! It was also uncomfortable! I am 5'10" and the edge of the seat heat me 3" below my buttocks! My feet dangled off of the ottoman! The box is unusable to return it in, so hopefully O sends me another box and pays for the shipping since this chair shouldn't even be advertised as "white" or "quality" furniture. I usually love Overstock products and have been very happy with their products in the past. I will continue to shop with them, but I find this chair to be a dud! Good luck to you and your purchases.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It wasn't the same color! greenish off-white tint...
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. poor quality and comfort
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not, however some reviews were accurate
I've had this chair and ottoman for nearly 3 years and it still looks brand new. The faux leather is easy to clean and has held up remarkably well - pretty surprising considering it's a creamy white. I expected and dreaded stains to appear almost immediately, but none to date. And it gets used ... a lot! This is my reading chair, art chair, meditation chair, chill out to music chair. So it really gets a workout. I can comfortably sit in it for hours without any flat spots. And the price makes it a great value. One of the best purchases I've made here.
This was a great bargain and excellent chair and ottoman. I bought it as an accent chair but actually use it every day because it's so comfortable I only gave it 4 stars because there as a little black smudge on the side of the chair that wouldn't rub clean otherwise I would have given it a 5 star.