I have installed these in 5 other windows in my house and when a competitors product failed after 12 months I knew exactly which one to buy to replace. Now all the shades match throughout the house even though I bought at different times over two years.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Just right for the modern off-white house trim.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fine
I mounted the blind outside the window frame, between the window and existing floor curtains, to reduce afternoon heat from western exposure. The blind works great! It took 15 minutes to mount, is easy to operate, and is a serious upgrade from the bamboo shade that preceded it. Employing it reduces room temperature by about 5 degrees, which is significant and tangible. My friends and neighbors, as well as I, give it glowing reviews.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
These were very cheap and fulfill their primary purpose well, with a few caveats: Color: Unfortunately only "Cream" was available and these do not match the white ones I bought for my other windows (Cordless Honeycomb Cellular Window Shade (23 in. x 64 in.), Top-down/ Bottom-up White Cellular Shade (23 in. x 64 in.) ). It actually is true white on the outside, but due to the shape of the control box at the top you can't mount them inside-out. Would have been nice if the product designers had considered that. Installation: Very easy, but drywall anchors were not included for the screws. Fortunately, they were for those other blinds I mentioned about and didn't need them there. Hopefully most people get to mount into wood. Daily use: They only block about 40-50% of light, but you certainly can't see through them. A friend tried to pull mine down by the side and now it's permanently hanging low there. Very annoying and seemingly unfixable.
Absolutely horrified by the instructions. Had to call overstock to get the name and phone number of the manufacturer, it was not listed anywhere on the instruction sheet, if that is what you want to call it. After I got the company name I went to their website and MANY MANY other websites trying to figure out how to install them. Very, very poor instructions. Shame on overstock for that!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fair to good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate