Nice shades, as advertised, no complaints. EXCEPT for the size. The description doesn't warn you that they don't take off the usual 1/8th inch from your measurements like most other blinds/shades retailers. Thankfully, my windows are old and not a true 36 inches and I was able to take the end caps off of the blinds to get them to fit.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As advertised
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality; too new to tell how they will wear.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? As advertised.
These are EXACTLY the same width they say they are. Unfortunately, in order to mount them, you need an extra 1/4 in on each side for the mounting brackets that come with them. It would have been nice if they had incorporated that into their measurements (or if they would chance their mounting hardware so the edges can still block out the light). If you want them to fit, you need to order 1/2" smaller than your window. Installation of these blinds was miserable. There were NO instructions! They didn't fit in the window. It wasn't even clear how they were supposed to fit in the window! There weren't enough screws and were too many weird plastic parts. My husband and I both have graduate degrees in mechanical engineering and product design from a top university and we spent hours trying to figure this out to no avail... I had to return them, which is too bad, because they are nice quality other than the size/mounting.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fine
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? OK, except size
I'll try and make this quick...I purchased my fathers house while he moved up north. In the office...the sun came in so bright that he actually had aluminium foil on the window and then a cheap blind in front of it to keep the sun out. I wanted to be able to use the window when the sun was not blazing though....and this blind turned out to be absolutely perfect. I have some so called "Black out" curtains in my bedroom that do NOT blackout the sun. This blind does. I really like this blind. You simply use your hand to lightly lift up on the blind to raise it...and lower it. Doesn't take much pressure...doesn't make much of a sound. Super super easy to install. No taxes...shipping was quick...and right to my door. Perfect. Couldn't hardly ask for more.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? DEAD ON ACCURATE
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very very nice...not cheap looking at all.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Dead on.
I ordered two of these for a toddler's bedroom plus another for a guest bedroom.I have used actual "blackout" curtains in the past and although these are definitely not "blackout" by definition, they significantly darken the room and are much better than a previous set of non-blackout cellular shades I had purchased. The color is really not a bright white. Instead it is at the cool end of the white spectrum and appears almost silver or gray. I did not find this to be a problem because I am not using bright white in the drapery panels flanking these windows and the walls are a cool shade of a pale sage greenish-gray color so they go very nicely. The plastic handle that comes with these cheapens the overall look, but it is of course optional to install since you can raise or lower them just by gently pushing or pulling on the base. These were extremely easy to install and the price was great! I am ordering another one for a bathroom.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color is actually a very cool white - almost a pale gray
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? overall good
We bought these blinds for our bedroom, which faces west. The size is exactly as advertised. The fabric of the blinds themselves is very similar to higher-priced brands, and the metallic lining does an excellent job of blocking the light. I took a star off because they were a little difficult to install (there is a "right side" to face out although the directions don't say so. The flat side needs to face the back of the clips.) The clips to install the blinds are also slightly less substantial than more expensive brands, and the metal clip part is harder to disengage if you need to move them (or if you put them up wrong initially). But I would recommend them because the price is REALLY GOOD.
These blackout shades really darken the room! The color is more of a gray than a white. The instructions could have been better. It comes with a box of brackets and screws. The instruction sheet was poor. It went like this, "Step 1 -Install the Brackets", but it didn't say HOW to install the brackets. Take your time - you'll figure it out. It took me 30 minutes for the first one and 10 minutes each for the rest of them. They function really well. I would recommend them.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
We were trying to find an inexpensive cellular blackout shade for our baby's nursery; however, we were having issues finding something in our price range. These blinds fit the bill - inexpensive yet very nice quality. At first when I opened the package, I was a bit concerned by the lack of directions. We went back to the other reviews to see if we were the only ones with this problem, and it appears as though these blinds just might not come with any. After getting a bit dejected and thinking that we might have made a poor purchase, I looked at another set of cellular blinds that were already hanging in our house, and we quickly figured out how to hang these, as well. The blinds just snap into the brackets from the top, and there is no need to leave any additional space on the side for the brackets. Our blinds were measured exactly to the size of our windows, and they fit perfectly. Great blinds for the money.
Great shades. We were looking for something simple and sturdy yet affordable. Easy to install, blacks out light very well. Would definitely recommend.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
no problems installing them. total blackout. easy enough for kids to pull down and push up on their own. Only need sheers no bulky drapes for the bedrooms.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? close little grayer but ok
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. strong material easy to use
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
These blinds helped complete a bedroom facelift. I have 4 rather large windows in this room and economics dictated I didn't overspend on window blinds. I also have a street light outside, so a black out shade was a must. I am happy to say these blinds were perfect! I purchased the white, there is a bit of a sheen to them which I like. Would recommend.