I spent about 2.5 hours putting this desk together and noted some warping of the boards. Overall it seemed to come together without any big problems except the length of time involved. There were also some screws that were too short for their intended purpose. But I still cannot get the file drawer in and I seriously doubt I ever will get the file drawer in until I invest in a new set of hinges. The directions say to "push the drawer in", but that is completely impossible. I called there customer service department a few times and finally got an email from them saying the hinges were fine, maybe the unit was to blame. However, I am left with just that: One completely unhelpful email. In addition, the sliding mechanism for expanding the desk gets hung up on the items in the top drawer.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very splotchy
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Left out much information
this was a gift for my daughter and see loves it , it enables her to work from home and it dosen't take up much room when she is'nt using it. but is more than adequate when she works
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was perfect, matched the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the desk was a little difficult to assemble but seems great quality now
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? it was exactly as advertised
In paying $500.00 for this product I would not have expected to assemble this desk from scratch. OMG I have spent over 2 hours on this and still not 1/2 done. I'm contemplating on sending this desk back. I will never order any furniture from Overstock.com that requires any type of assembly. I have ordered chairs and couches from O and was very satisfied. Very disappointed in this desk.
This served well in our guest bedroom, where I used it as a sewing center, then transformed it into a laptop desk for guests. We happened to have extra folding chairs that matched, then I bought a matching vanity seat. When our daughter took over the guest room, this unit was sold to a man who found it perfect for his purposes.
My husband thought I was crazy to get rid of the old HUGE heavy solid desk, and get this instead. But I really wanted something more compact. I really like this and how the desk part can slide wider or not (great for vacuuming). And the bottom drawer holds files, love it. The putting it together part was a beast and they sent us a side piece that had clearly been split IN HALF and then glued back together. But when we called Overstock to tell them they sent us a new piece...now we just need to take it apart again to replace it.
Origional desk was damaged by shipper and box was distroyed. I called and sent phots and the desk are quickly replaced. Great company and one you can trust.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as discribed
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exactly as discribed
Very happy with Desk purchase, and It slides out so that it can also, just look like a piece of furniture. The quality was excellent. The only thing is...it comes in pieces (minior assembly required) So be sure to have someone that is handy putting things together!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was better! Richer...
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good