I bought this as a Christmas gift for my husband for use in his office. He's a "gadget" guy so liked the lamp's unique features, especially the ability to charge his phone directly from the lamp base. After about a month of use, the adjustment screw mechanisms (there are two, one at the base, one half way up the arm) started slipping so the light would gradually start collapsing. Well, today, one just gave out completely so the top half of the light just flops down. Apparently the screw has stripped out. There doesn't appear to be a way to fix or replace the screw so we are just screwed -- pun intended. I will assure you that my husband isn't a "gorilla" with stuff like this but these adjustment screw mechanisms are so delicate it seem they just can't support the weight of the light with average or light use. I'm very disappointed since there is only a 30 day warranty and Overstock had this as a close out item with no returns.
I love this lamp! Very handy. I use it while working at my desk, in my home office, at night! I plug it into the computer! Don't have to mess with a wall plug! I've even used it as a flashlight a couple of times with out the power cable. Should come in very handy in a power outage! Haven't used the cell phone charger part as yet but that should be handy also!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems to be excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
For the money it's a decent lamp, however the solar cell doesn't charge. The innstructions are poor
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fair description