This was a refurbished product that you could tell was not new, but not at all bad ether. Worked well out of the box as I put it through a few tests to see how it performed. Drove long screws with no letup in power. Took a bit for me to get used to how it worked but performed well once I learned some basics. I was able to set screws quickly to any degree of depth, even exactly flush with the wood with ease. Overall, very pleased with the purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As Described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I've not done a large project yet but out-of-the-box worked great.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate
I have bought many refurbished items from Overstock and this was the first that definitely looked pre-owned. There was a gash in the plastic, which was very ragged and aged-looking and no instruction manual was included. That said, we looked to You Tube for some idea of how these drills work in general (Hitachi does not at this time have manuals on their web site), and my husband turned out to be very pleased with it. We should not drywall - don't have the joint compound thing down - but THIS aspect of the job was a pleasure, thanks to this tool. I would give it 5 stars if there had been a manual or it had looked brand new, as the usual refurbished stuff here DOES. Nevertheless, I would recommend it to anyone.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes, except where the translucent plastic had yellowed under its previous ownership
- How is the quality of the product? beat up looking but still works
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes...