I bought this to replace dining chairs with a table. Painting the exhisting table black stain and I made colorful cushions and pillows for this bench. Good idea was to store cookbooks in the drawers
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It's BLACK
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is good for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exactly what I wanted in size. Perfect
Perfect little accent piece for the guest bedroom. Is a bit smaller than it looks in the picture. Definitely a 1 person seat as it only will hold up to 150lbs. But in a bedroom or by a front door it's a great little seat to sit and put on/take off shoes. Very good instructions and easy to put together. We're happy with our choice!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Black is black
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems sturdy and level.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
This bench is so sturdy- and not just for the price. It's a truly heavy piece of furniture. We use it for overflow seating in our kitchen and it looks great. The photo is a true representation. The drawers are really too small to put anything in but do add a nice stylish touch. Finish is durable. We have four children and it has not scratched at all.
As other reviews stated, this bench looks larger than it is. For me, that size was just what I needed. It looks great when assembled. Be prepared for lots of pieces. The bolts were very difficult to get threaded in places which was a tad frustrating. Overall, I am very satisfied with my bench.
The bench requires a great deal of assembly, but the parts and pieces were labeled clearly which made it somewhat easier to put together. The back rail lacked a hole which was necessary for attaching to the bench, so my husband called the customer service number listed, and received prompt and courteous attention to this matter. BUT, we are still awaiting the replacement part as of 10/09. I really like the bench which fits in our entryway ( though I now need to buy an outswing front door...) which is why I rated it an excellent. The "goods" are my husbands assessments.
A little difficult to assemble but well worth the time if you want a show piece bench in your home or man's cave. Trying to find a cushion that will fit the bench, although it really doesn't need one. This is one of my best buys. I don't know how many times my wife walked by and says this is absolutely beautiful
After I search the internet for a couple days I found what I was looking for with the right price quality and size at Overstock
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the seem
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ok
This bench is so great! Other reviews said they had issues with the drawers, but I do not. They all work fine. It was easy to put together (with a little help from my son). I put a mirror over mine and use it in an area that "things" wanted to accumulate naturally, like shoes, flashlights, book bag, etc...It works like a charm and looks like one, too!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
The drawers are very small, and the tracks they slide in are on the inside top, so almost nothing fits in them. Buy it for a GREAT BENCH, but not so great for storage. I'm very happy with it overall.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Nice, smooth black paint. Beautiful.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality, for sure, not too tough to assemble.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Almost 100%
I needed extra seating in my living room. I saw this bench and instantly purchased it after reading the great reviews. Received this item promptly and was extremely pleased with the look and feel of this bench! I purchased a couple of small pillows for it also through Overstock and have received nothing but compliments. Definitely recommend this item.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is exactly as described.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality, easy to assemble.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Described perfectly.
I am very pleased with this bench, it is exactly what I was looking for in my mudroom. It is very sturdy, was relatively easy to put togther-a couple of hours by myself. Two of the three drawers do not move as easily as the third. Altho the drawers are not large they still are useable and there is enough room under the bench to add baskets for additional storage. A very good buy and it is quite comfortable. Would also be a great bench at the table for kids to use at mealtime.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This Bench is very sturdy and although the drawers are not large-they are sufficient to hold gloves, mittens etc.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate
I love this bench. It is a small sized bench. I must emphasize the size as I think that is the only reason someone would be unhappy with this purchase. It is perfect for the space I intended in a guest bedroom. It is very sturdy and is easy to assemble. Very nice, black, matte finish. This product arrived in three days which was great since I had out of town guests arriving a day later! Way to go Overstock.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes, I would emphasis the dimensions. It is a small bench. I would not consider it full-sized.
My fault, but I saw the picture and did not look at the color in the description.. in the picture it looks dark brown to me.. maybe I am color blind lol.. So I was a little dissapointed when my husband opened the box but I knew I wouldn't be sending it back because I had searched online for2 months trying to find the "right" bench for my livingroom and this is the only one that even came close. I loved the bench but the only thing that kept me from buying this one right away was the lack of storage- the drawers looked pretty small and I was buying a bench primarily for shoe storage. My husband put this together in about 2 hours..which probally would have been 1 hour if he wasn't in front of the TV ;) . In anycase it was beeeauuutttiffull once put together and I was glad it wasi n black.. I am not sure why this bench is described as "country" because I do not have a drop of country in my home and it fgits beautifully..I would consider my style transitional. Once put together I figured I would buy a cushion for the bench (these range frin $40 on up) but you know what? It was comfortable and looked beautiful without it so decided to skip it because it was just one more thing to have to keep clean. Ideally I wanted a bench for my entry way but I thought that it would take up too much room in my narrow foyer (my foyer is about 4 tiles wide) .. The bench didn't looke quite right in the living room so I tried it in the entry and its low profile made it a great fit for the space without people having to "walk around" the bench... so if you are looking for a "slkinny" bench this is a great choice..the materials were quality and it came much quicker than I thought .. also the drawers hold more storage that i thought too! It came quickly as well.. This was my first expirience with Overstock and I am a very happy shopper!!!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Though the description says "Black" I made the mistake of looking at the picture which llooks dark brown to me
- How is the quality of the product? Excellent! Esp for the price
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yup!
I love this bench, it looks great I get so many compliments on it. The only downfall is I opened the box and there were a million pieces to put together. If I didn't have a husband, I don't know if I could have put it together myself. But it only took him a half hour or so and he was watching football. Just be prepared for a project. : ) But totally worth it!