Received two of these chairs last Thursday. I had been shopping for two leather chairs for nearly 4 months and had been to at least a dozen furniture stores before I took a chance and ordered these from Overstock. First - the leather is excellent. Really surprisingly nice. Much better than most leather chairs I found at furniture stores. The leather looks and feels beautiful. And smells great too. Second - the size of these chairs is perfect - exactly 34" from arm to arm. Most chairs in furniture stores are gigantic - like 40 inches plus. If you live in an older house like I do, those giant chairs just don't work. These chairs are perfect. The chairs were packaged perfectly and were a snap to put together. I would definitely recommend.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Much better than expected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact
I am very pleased with this chair- I wish I had room in my house for more of them! The leather is top quality and the chair is our favorite to sit on. It is a great size- comfy but not too large.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? as described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent- buttery soft leather
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Just received this chair. It arrived in two boxes. One contained the base and the other the back. Nicely packaged. Clear & concise directions made it simple to assemble the two pieces together and attach the legs. No tools required. The overall quality of this chair is outstanding for the price. The leather is suple and richboth the look and feel. I am 6'-2" and 195 pounds. The chair sits very comfortably with a somewhat firm feel. I shopped online and in stores to find an "easy chair" with a mix of traditional and modern style, but modest in scale. Anything of this quality was twice the price (at least). I am very satisfied with my purchase.
I am kicking myself for not ordering two because they are all gone. The leather is top quality and the color is a rich dark brown. The chair is very comfortable to sit in. I felt the price was a bit high for my first purchase on Overstock but when it arrived I knew this was a good deal. I had purchased leather chairs before and paid almost twice the price for similar quality. I highly recommend the chair for any room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly what I expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The chair was easy to assemble and looks exactly like what you see on line. Leather is high quality, chair is comfortable.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The assembly was very simple but when it arrived in two boxes I was a bit worried. The chair is nicer than what I expected.
We just received our chair. I love the color and the suppleness of the leather. I was ordering this piece for a relatively small corner in our office and so many of the leather chairs out there are huge and hulking. The dimensions on this one are just about perfect for our space. I almost ordered the Pottery Barn Manhattan chair but then found this one for 1/2 of the price. I would have given this 5 stars, but it arrived with several deep gouges in the leather--not light scratches that can just be buffed out. Definitely disappointing. We had even bigger quality issues with the coordinating ottoman--see my separate review on that item. This is my third recent quality issue with Overstock merchandise--not sure I can continue making furniture purchases given the spotty quality that seems to be prevalent these days.
I am very happy with this chair and the matching ottoman. The leather is very soft and supple. It does take some time for the cushion to return to its original shape after being sat on for awhile, but that doesn't bother me. It was very easy to assemble and it is very comfortable.
Comfortable size without being too large and over powering as so much Leather furniture is. Purchased for a 5'5" woman. Lovely warm dark brown color, very soft feel to the leather, cushion is soft but very supportive. The most comfortable chair I have ever had. Also bought matching ottoman by the same company. Was very well packaged arrived incredibly fast and simple to set up by my self, no tools needed. Very pleased. Only problem is evicting the cat and the husband.
Was so very pleased with this purchase! it was a risk: sight-unseen. My change-phobic husband even approved! It feels luxurious and comfy. I like the legs also-a nice touch, not just block-like, but have style and substance. A classy piece that would look good anywhere and easy to assemble!
This is a decent chair, very true to it's description online. For it's price, it's exactly what it should be. It seems sturdy and like it will break in well. Just keep in mind you are buying a $** leather chair, so it's a little on the light side, and seems like it might not last for too long, but right now it feels and looks great.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate