Very good value for the money. Unfortunately, the largest crate in one of the two sets I purchased had to be fixed. I have assumed the box was roughed up during the shipping. Maybe some plastic wrap or bubble wrap on the bottom of the shipping carton would have prevented the damage.
These wooden crates are reminiscent of fruit and produce crates from a bygone era. We are using them to support shelves on our computer desks and to hold our laptops while recharging. By laying a board across the gap between two crates we now have book shelves without attaching anything to the wall.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Top Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot on
These crates fell apart right out of the box. They're stapled together, no glue is used, and the staples come out without much prompting. I took them completely apart and glued and screwed them together. It's probably still a decent deal for lumber cut to the size of crates, but I wouldn't suggest buying them if you have no desire to reassemble them.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Terrible.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate - I don't suspect "barely stapled" makes it into product descriptions often.
I bought these to use for display purposes at crafts fairs thinking I could be able to pack the products in them as well. The crates are held together by staples and the wood is so soft that the staples pull right out. I adapted by drilling holes and placing wood screws in every single slat. They seem to hold together fine now but sure would be nice if they had handles cut into the sides. Would be fine as is if they were not to be moved around at all. Price is good so I suppose I got what I paid for.
We bought these for a specific spot - they worked out perfectly for the spot and purpose. The graduated sizes allowed me to stack them on their side and slide baskets into them. Now they contain the stuff with easy access whenever we want what is in them. Clutter is gone.