I question the poundage as I went to move my 5x10 trailer with maybe 200# max tongue weight and the main rod bent like a wet noodle. Ok, that's an exaggeration but it did surprisingly bend. I bent it back and I'm very cautious about its weight capability when I use it. But I do still use it after all these years.
I have a trailstar trailer for my boat. I tried lowering the hitch onto the ball and the dolly sits so low I could not even get the hitch onto the ball. I even purchased a smaller trailer jack and it still would not make it down to the ball. The thing is so heavy there is no way it is worth the shipping costs to send it back, It is a bummer that they do not give the dimensions on how low it is. I now have a trailer dolly that I can't even use.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. well built, but way too low off the ground
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Garbage, it does not specify that the top off the ball is less than 2 feet off the ground
The box was torn when it arrived and it had a very punguent odor. It was so bad I had to move it outside to assemble. When I assembled the unit I was short two large bolts. I had to purchase these the next day in order to complete the assembly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? matched
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. average, two bolts were missing
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
I bought this device to easily move a small utility trailer. It does that well. I'm very happy with the purchase. The price and shipping cost were unbeatable.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? N/A
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Overall quality is fine
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
This product is well built to handle moving boats, trailers etc. It is constructed well. The experience would be greatly approved if all the assembly nuts and bolts were included. I was able to round up some around the house to complete assembly. The assembly instructions could be improved.
The dolly works great. Just that the some of the hardware (nuts & bolts) were missing some sizes & too many of other sizes. box said not to call Overstock, but call them instead. After 2 phone calls and leaving messages (because you couldn't reach a real person) I got no return calls. I ended up using my own bolts that I had laying around. Didn't return it because Overstock's price & shipping could not be beat.