I've never ordered a piece of furniture sight unsen before but after ordering this bed I ordered the matching media chest. The woodwork and finished details are fantastic. The underbed drawers are well made and slide smoothly. If I needed another bedroom set i'd fnd another Hawthorne. The only hassle is understanding the assembly directions... they're obviously translated from another language but also just as obvious if you look at the diagrams instead of reading the word. LOVE this bed!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the color is an exact match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality, imcredibly beautiful craftsmanship
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the bed is exactly as described
This seems to be a very solid, heavy bed but I have it for only 2 months; so time will tell. My only real complaint is that the instructions for putting it together were poor and it took some time to figure out which way the side rails should be placed, in the headboard or foot board. Thereafter, it went together pretty smoothly. Would encourage having 2 people to put together due to the heaviness of the boards.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? darker than in the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality seems to be good - I have only had for 2 months. Drawers slide very well. Bed feels sturdy with good heft to it.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
This bed is very nice. Substantial in the room, but not overly huge. The color is not what is represented in the photo, as other reviewers have stated. It is a very dark color. The bed was fairly easy to put together, but we did have three people doing it. The drawers provide ample storage. It does not require a box spring.
I love this bed, and it is quality, but heavy. I had professional assemblers assemble it and everything went fine except there were some screws I needed to provide for bed slats. My only complaint is the drawer by the headboard sits nest to a bedside table and I cannot open it. It would be nice to see designers take this into account and make 3 drawers each side so you don't have so much un usable space from not being able to open the back drawer easily. However, I knew that would be a problem wen I ordered it, I would actually ike to have 6 drawers each side but the beds who had that were reviewed as having poor quality. This is good quality with drawers on sliders the come out and all clothes are accessible.