I hate to be the bearer of bad news and ruin the 5 star reputation these chairs have, but I have to speak up considering those 5 stars are what persuaded me to pull the trigger and order. I will agree that they are pretty good quality, but nothing like what people have been speaking of. They aren't SO gorgeous and SO expensive looking. They look like a normal chair for about the price Overstock is selling them for. I know on other furniture sites they're selling for a lot more and I definitely wouldn't pay a penny more for them than I paid on this site, with an additional discount mind you. Most of the reviewers stated the color matched exactly as the photo... I again, disagree. The color definitely reads more tanish brown in the weft of the linen. Based on the reviews I was really looking for a more natural linen color that reads like the photo, a cream-colored beige. Not so. The nailheads are great quality, but the linen does bunch at the seat in some spots... something I hope works itself out as guests start sitting on them. One thing to note is that they come fully assembled which is fantastic... but in this case, the legs are prone to damages in shipping since they don't do much other then a small sleeve of bubble wrap to prevent them from getting smashed. My first order placed, to my surprise, arrived in a DARK charcoal color. What!? that color isn't even offered on the site. Not sure what happened there, but definitely was disappointing. Overstock's customer care was very helpful in fixing the issue. Waited another week for my replacement order, and thankfully they arrived correct, but had some damages.. again, Overstock's customer care corrected the issue and I am waiting on my replacement order for that. The major disappointment is that purchasing these chairs is now taking over a 3 week process..... I really hate to be negative Nancy with these, but I'm compelled to be upfront and honest since most of the reviews make the chairs out to be STUNNING. My standards are high, yes, but I really expected more from these chairs based on the reviews.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? More beige-y brown, then a true natural linen color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Pretty good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fairly accurate
I was looking for a classic set of chairs that wouldn't break the bank. These fit the bill very well. They are comfortable and came solidly assembled. The linen is the quality that I expected for the price. This is not highest quality Belgian linen - but a nice representation with a good wear and tear surface. They look great with the 1905 table I just restored.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the actual chairs are slightly darker, but very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. solid construction, comfortable seats
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? right on
I love these chairs. I brought a black table from *** and wanted nice chairs that were affordable and match. The chairs match perfectly and are wonderful! They look like I paid a lot more per chair, came fully assembled, and the studs around the chair add additional elegance. The fabric is slightly loose when sitting, as one review previously mention, but it is to prevent tear and not extremely noticable. I had not problems when the chairs arrive and recommend them.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is better than described. Works for my Designer taste on a budget
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I needed new dining chairs to replace the ones I had since 2006. I wanted something contemporary and nice looking and the color had to be beige and I wanted studs. These chairs were perfect except for the weight. The cushion is sturdy and comfortable but the overall weight of the chairs are lightweight. Could be because my old chairs weighed a ton. But I really do like the new chairs.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color said beige linen and they are beige LINEN.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. For the price the quality is good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was right on
The chairs arrived fully assembled which was a good thing. The box was large but manageable. It had been battered in transit but the chairs were not damaged. Upon unpacking I did notice the seam on one of the chairs was poorly aligned and stitched--a very obvious eye-sore! I contacted customer service and they committed to sending me a replacement. I will update my review once the item is replaced.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? More of a natural linen (light beige/grayish). Matches the Baxton Studio Owstynn Beige Linen Modern Banquette perfectly!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Light-weight, sturdy. No wobble in the legs.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? On target.
I really like these dining chairs. I bought them a couple of months back and wanted to grab a few more.The beige really pops in person. The button detailing gives the dining chairs more security, in terms of the fabric being sew on tight
I had a hard time finding chairs that would fit under my antique kitchen table because it's got these big chunky legs. These chairs fit the bill and they a beautify made and were packaged very well. I've received many complements on these chairs plus, they are very comfortable.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. These chairs are excellent quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
Great chairs. I bought them to use as the two end tables with my modern dinning room set. The work very well. The wood is a very dark almost black expresso which matches my set well. I'm very happy with the look and quality of the chairs.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? match is very good to the site, the only difference is that the slight variation that you get from them being linen does not quite show as well as on the sit as it does in the actual product.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The chairs seem to be made very well. They aren't very heavy chair but constructed extremely well.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good but the chairs have a double row of silver toned studs down the side and I don't remember reading that in the description. However for me it was a welcomed surprise makes the chair look even more sophisticated.
We ordered three sets of dining tables for the 25th anniversary of our parents. The overall cost was really affordable and the chairs look elegant, sophisticated and classic. The diner looks great with these light high quality pieces, bringing beauty and freshness. I think I will order some for myself also.
I ordered two sets of beige linen chairs on a fantastic price. The chairs look great with the dark brown furniture around the large oak table. The tall backrests give the elegance of the chairs while the classic line brings sophistication. I love shopping here because I always get top quality matching my budget.
Ordered six chairs for custom dining table...two chairs went together like they were supposed to. Four chairs had problems, seat frame bent so legs wobbled.....screws did not line up with back of chair......one front leg half inch shorter than other leg......leg caps on bottom of legs different colors. Chair looks nice when together, but made cheaply.
These chairs were delivered yesterday, and they appear to be good quality. There was some assembling that was needed, but it was not complicated. I already had two linen chairs from another purchase and these chairs match perfectly. Some comments refer to the color being off, but the color of the chair is what I expected. It was not darker or lighter than my other linen chairs. Maybe people were expecting white linen? Not sure. The nail head accents are nice and for the price these chairs look more expensive than the asking price. The only concern I had was a little bit of wobbling on both chairs. We thought we did not match the chair legs up correctly, as they were bundled together. So we switched the legs of the chairs and that helped. It was not was a big enough deal for me to call customer service and request a replacement. All around I am happy with the purchase it really adds to the look of the room. I plan on ordering another set of these.
After reading the reviews I was excited to received these chairs. Unfortunately, they were very disappointing. The color did not match the description at all, it was listed at beige linen, but when I received it the fabric had distinct lines of brown in it, not a uniform beige. In addition the fabric creased and bunched up at the bottom of the front of the high back part of the chair which made it look very cheap. I am returning these chairs.
This is the first time that I have ordered furniture from Overstock.com. When my chairs arrived on Friday 10/18/13 in a big box, I did not know what to expect being that I had ordered the last 2 chairs in stock. To my wonderful surprise!!!!! There were 2 BEAUTIFUL CHAIRS, NEATLY PACKAGED AND WRAPPED IN A1 CONDITION, NO SCRATCHES WHAT SO EVER. I CAN'T GET OVER HOW BEAUTIFUL THESE CHAIRS ARE! I WILL DEFINATELY ORDER MORE. THANK YOU SO MUCH OVERSTOCK.COM.
These chairs were exactly as pictured, arrived preassembled and packaged very well. They are very comfortable and the nail heads are prefectly spaced. The fabric is very nice and the seats are comfortable. The construction is very good for the price which is good too. The chairs are not heavy, but are sturdy. I purchased 4 and they arrived within a week. I'm very happy and would recommend them!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is very good and they were packed very well
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
I got these chars to go with a banquette also sold here. The match is absolutely perfect. However, quality is an issue. With some balsa wood, padding and a bolt of linen I could make these chairs at home. Seriously, everything looks good but feels like you break with your own two hands (and little cushioning for your butt).
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. mediocre
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate