I hate to be the bearer of bad news and ruin the 5 star reputation these chairs have, but I have to speak up considering those 5 stars are what persuaded me to pull the trigger and order. I will agree that they are pretty good quality, but nothing like what people have been speaking of. They aren't SO gorgeous and SO expensive looking. They look like a normal chair for about the price Overstock is selling them for. I know on other furniture sites they're selling for a lot more and I definitely wouldn't pay a penny more for them than I paid on this site, with an additional discount mind you. Most of the reviewers stated the color matched exactly as the photo... I again, disagree. The color definitely reads more tanish brown in the weft of the linen. Based on the reviews I was really looking for a more natural linen color that reads like the photo, a cream-colored beige. Not so. The nailheads are great quality, but the linen does bunch at the seat in some spots... something I hope works itself out as guests start sitting on them. One thing to note is that they come fully assembled which is fantastic... but in this case, the legs are prone to damages in shipping since they don't do much other then a small sleeve of bubble wrap to prevent them from getting smashed. My first order placed, to my surprise, arrived in a DARK charcoal color. What!? that color isn't even offered on the site. Not sure what happened there, but definitely was disappointing. Overstock's customer care was very helpful in fixing the issue. Waited another week for my replacement order, and thankfully they arrived correct, but had some damages.. again, Overstock's customer care corrected the issue and I am waiting on my replacement order for that. The major disappointment is that purchasing these chairs is now taking over a 3 week process..... I really hate to be negative Nancy with these, but I'm compelled to be upfront and honest since most of the reviews make the chairs out to be STUNNING. My standards are high, yes, but I really expected more from these chairs based on the reviews.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? More beige-y brown, then a true natural linen color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Pretty good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fairly accurate
I was looking for a classic set of chairs that wouldn't break the bank. These fit the bill very well. They are comfortable and came solidly assembled. The linen is the quality that I expected for the price. This is not highest quality Belgian linen - but a nice representation with a good wear and tear surface. They look great with the 1905 table I just restored.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the actual chairs are slightly darker, but very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. solid construction, comfortable seats
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? right on
I love these chairs. I brought a black table from *** and wanted nice chairs that were affordable and match. The chairs match perfectly and are wonderful! They look like I paid a lot more per chair, came fully assembled, and the studs around the chair add additional elegance. The fabric is slightly loose when sitting, as one review previously mention, but it is to prevent tear and not extremely noticable. I had not problems when the chairs arrive and recommend them.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is better than described. Works for my Designer taste on a budget
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I needed new dining chairs to replace the ones I had since 2006. I wanted something contemporary and nice looking and the color had to be beige and I wanted studs. These chairs were perfect except for the weight. The cushion is sturdy and comfortable but the overall weight of the chairs are lightweight. Could be because my old chairs weighed a ton. But I really do like the new chairs.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color said beige linen and they are beige LINEN.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. For the price the quality is good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was right on
The chairs arrived fully assembled which was a good thing. The box was large but manageable. It had been battered in transit but the chairs were not damaged. Upon unpacking I did notice the seam on one of the chairs was poorly aligned and stitched--a very obvious eye-sore! I contacted customer service and they committed to sending me a replacement. I will update my review once the item is replaced.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? More of a natural linen (light beige/grayish). Matches the Baxton Studio Owstynn Beige Linen Modern Banquette perfectly!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Light-weight, sturdy. No wobble in the legs.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? On target.
I really like these dining chairs. I bought them a couple of months back and wanted to grab a few more.The beige really pops in person. The button detailing gives the dining chairs more security, in terms of the fabric being sew on tight
I had a hard time finding chairs that would fit under my antique kitchen table because it's got these big chunky legs. These chairs fit the bill and they a beautify made and were packaged very well. I've received many complements on these chairs plus, they are very comfortable.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. These chairs are excellent quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
Great chairs. I bought them to use as the two end tables with my modern dinning room set. The work very well. The wood is a very dark almost black expresso which matches my set well. I'm very happy with the look and quality of the chairs.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? match is very good to the site, the only difference is that the slight variation that you get from them being linen does not quite show as well as on the sit as it does in the actual product.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The chairs seem to be made very well. They aren't very heavy chair but constructed extremely well.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good but the chairs have a double row of silver toned studs down the side and I don't remember reading that in the description. However for me it was a welcomed surprise makes the chair look even more sophisticated.
We ordered three sets of dining tables for the 25th anniversary of our parents. The overall cost was really affordable and the chairs look elegant, sophisticated and classic. The diner looks great with these light high quality pieces, bringing beauty and freshness. I think I will order some for myself also.
I ordered two sets of beige linen chairs on a fantastic price. The chairs look great with the dark brown furniture around the large oak table. The tall backrests give the elegance of the chairs while the classic line brings sophistication. I love shopping here because I always get top quality matching my budget.
I purchase 4 of these chairs in April of 2013 and I'm just getting around to reviewing them. These dining chairs are much nicer in person than pictured. In person, the linen type fabric is of good quality. The silver tacks also good quality and applied neatly. They have held up very well. The fit in very well with my transitional / Mid Century Modern decor. Even after 2 and a half years I am still very satisfied with my purchase. I would buy them again and would recommend them.
I ordered 10 chairs for our dining room and received them very quickly. The chairs look great, especially for the price! They have a clean, modern look and seem to be comfortable. The fabric has a "linen" texture and the color is light ... not quite white, but very close. The only negative is that 4 of the 10 chairs were missing parts. We were able to rob enough parts from the other chairs that we only had to replace one complete chair and Overstock promptly took care of the issue for us.
These chairs are great for the price. Unlike the reviews, my package came in very well wrapped, the seats, wooden legs and materials all come wrapped in protective bags. These chairs look very expensive, I get compliments every time someone sees them. I am very happy I bought them.
We are using these for "non-office-y" desk chairs for our home office. They look great and were very easy to assemble. Only complaint is that one of the legs was just a tad off in length on one chair. But with some tightening of the hardware it adjusted to an acceptable point.