I wanted a modern retro feel for dining room chairs and these were it. They came very quickly and exactly as described. No assembly required. The faux leather looks real and not cheap. We wanted something that would be stain and scratch resist with 2 kids and 2 dogs. Goes well with our farm table. Highly recommend. My friend got the cream bar stools which look awesome too. Very classy and expensive looking but at a great price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy chairs and faux leather looks great.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
Not only does these chairs look fantastic with my unfinished teak X & B table, they are super comfortable. I spend a lot of days working from home at my dining table, and sitting all day in one of these chairs is awesome. Just to be clear, that's me sitting in the chair for hours. Here are some things to note though: 1) They didn't come in the most formidable packaging. One of the chair legs sadly got bent in the shipping (the box barely made it to my place and basically fell apart when it got to me. It may be because it's summer in boston and the weather is very humid which compromised the integrity of the box, but still). Overstock customer service was really friendly. They are going to send me out another chair. And granted the damage to the one chair isn't horrible-- just annoying. 2) MEASURE you table to make sure they will slide underneath (because of the arms). They are perfect for my table with like 3/4" clearance. 3) I believe that height wise the chair is pretty standard, I'm 5'2" and when I sit back in a chair, I can't really touch the ground which is the same thing here. That said, because they have arms, if you plan to have people who are bigger width wise, like beyond plump or chubby, it may create an embarrassing situation. I have four of these chairs around my dining room table and then a bench (that matches the table) to sit 6-7, and varying sizes.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is true to what appeared on my MacAir. Though it was helpful to note, as one of the other reviewers wrote, the stitching is YELLOW not white. I paired them with an unfinished teak CCCCC & XXXXXX table, looks fantastic. But if I had a white table, the yellow stitching would have been a bummer.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. SUPER quality. I can't remember if this was leather or bonded leather-- I sort of hope it is bonded, because it lasts longer these days. But that's how good it is, I can't tell. AND SOOOO comfortable.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not sure the picture and description do it justice. These chairs (I think) look comparable to some of the more expensive chairs I've seen in higher end stores. I am really really happy with this purchase.
Although they are a little narrow in the seat area they are great chairs. They fit well with my contemporary decor and everyone comments that they look expensive. The stitching is much lighter than the dark brown leather but it doesn't bother me at all.
I thought this was a great deal but unfortunately, it was a waste of money. The fabric/plastic material pulled away at the seams within a year of purchasing it. Unfortunately, there was no manufacture's warranty to cover my loss. I can't even get rid of these at a garage sale. People seem interested but when they inspect them up close, they turn away.
I received my chairs today, and I love them so far. My only complaint is the packaging. They were only covered in thin foam wrapping, stacked together and shoved into a box. There wasn't any other form of padding, no bubble wrap or peanuts, and the box had two big gashes in it and was partially open on top. I'm surprised they got to me in one piece, but they are very nice.