This is a cheaply made plastic chair from China. It doesn look good in the picture and looks fine from a distance in our home. Comfort is OK. Swivel base was broken. Just cheap plastic and I am sure it will break again. The arm was also broken. I must attribute these problems to UPS who delivered the box. A new one was send and that one had a hole in the box that had pierced the back of the chair. Very shoddy. I told Overstock it was the shippers problem but UPS picked it up without comment. The base and armrests look really nice, but they do delaminate. My husband noticed that. For the price per chair (I ordered 2) I would have been better off to buy something secondhand. I guess furniture just costs a lot more than I am used to. The plastic cover in no way resembles leather but the color is very good. Cheap stuff from China, what can I say.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Beautiful in the picture. Bottom cheap plastic which was broken as was the arms. Replaced by company without problem. Looks good, but cheap.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fine
The one and only drawback is relating to "senior citizen" useability. Knob used to lock recliner in position does not hold well without using excessive turn pressure, and knob is difficult to operate in the first place. If knob was replaced with a "lever/handle" (present in so many other similar hairs), this recliner/ottoman would overall be rated excellent in my opinion. In fact, I would be very much interested to learn how the twist knob can be converted on this chair to lever-type control. Any suggestions???
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems to be of top notch quality...engineering wise another story (see below).
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good
The chair and ottoman took approximately 15 minutes to assemble. I have another simular type of chair, however this one reclines completely, which was a pleasant surprise. The taupe color is perfect if you are trying to match decor, you don't have to worry about a color being off a shade. Looks great.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very pleased with the feel of the leather and easy assembly.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was very accurate.
The chair fits perfectly into my small space. It is perfect for smaller spaces. Very comfortable. The covering is not real leather but looks like it. Putting it together was not difficult - just a little time consuming for me. There are no words on the direcitons, just pictures. But, the pictures are very clear and accurate. My only problem is that I could not tighten the screws with my arthritic hands. Someone else had to do it. But, overall, it is not hard at all to put together. I am very happy with the chair.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color in the picture is lighter than the actual color. More of a tan color
We ordered the chair, and it arrived in about two days. It was easy to assemble, the instructions were clear and the chair and ottoman are comfortable.They are not for very large people and at 6 ft. and 215 pounds, I feel like I am about as large as would fit in it comfortably for a long time. The knob to tighten or loosen the reclining action is a little difficult to get just right in terms of tension. One downside was that both ottomans have indentations in the "leather" from having some piece poking it in the packaging. They are starting to blend into the smooth surface, so I hope that they will eventually become unnoticeable. As I mentioned in the heading, when the first one arrived, we put it together and decided to order a second one to have a matched set, (although the price had gone up $*in three days). Overall I am pleased with the purchase.
We purchased 2 of these chairs. They look good in our small living room and were easy to put together. My husband says he is very comfortable in his chair. It is comfortable for me for the first hour but longer than that it is not so much. I think it is because of the angle of the foot rest. I would recommend these chairs for purchase.
I read carefully all the reviews and was aware of some concerns (such as color). I know that the color is exactly what they have in the description (taupe - I would say light beige) but it is NOT what you see in the picture. Since some customers said that the color was exactly as in the picture I secretly hoped that mine would be closer to the picture and not as dull as it looks in real life.. Oh well, the chair is for my husband, he cares less about the color, and the chair is in the dark corner of the room. So I can live with it. I think unless you go for white or black, buying anything on line is rather risky.
excellent value. great quality.It was difficult to maneuver but once in place it is great
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. seems excellent. only slept on it three times so far
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? right on