I purchased 3 of these in polished nickel for my hall and installed them myself. They were a little tricky to install. First, trying to find the mounting screws through the insulation when you push it up to the ceiling was challenging. You have to basically push the insulation WAY back from around the holes so you can see the screws to mount it to the ceiling. Also the fixture is a little heavy to hold and my arms were getting really tired trying to find the holes for the first one. For the 2nd and 3rd light, I disconnected the shade from the mounting plate and it was much easier. Then when it was all finished I connected the shade back to the mounting plate. The second issue I had was that I couldn't get the first light to sit flush with the ceiling. I think this is because my junction box was an old weird design so the mounting screws were hitting a metal piece of the box. I tried to use shorter screws but the problem is that the insulation is so thick on the top plate that you can't find the screws easily when you try to see them through the holes on the plate if they're shorter. So you need the long screws to see them from underneath. So what I did is I pushed the plate up onto the long screws, then I pushed some rubber O-rings around the screws to act as washers. (I just made a slit on one side of the o-ring so it could slip them around the screw) and then I was able to screw them in as tight as possible and get it to sit flush. For the second and third light I figured out a much better and easier way: I just mounted the little cross bar on the junction box using washers to set it off from the box a little. This allowed me to have more room for screwing in the long screws for the fixture so I didn't need the rubber O-rings. Another issue I had was that one of the lights was missing one of the flexible plastic disks that sit above and below the diffuser. It's supposed to come with 2. This was problematic because these disks are made so that the holes in them are just the right size that when you push them onto the mounting rod they keep the diffuser in place. You can even adjust the angle of these disks to make the diffuser sit level. I used a large rubber o-ring in place of the top one (so it wouldn't be hitting a metal washer) and used the real one on the bottom. This is the reason I gave the quality only 4 stars. But really the lights are well-made. Once I was all finished I was so proud of myself! They look really beautiful!
I purchased this for my living room - the chrome detail is just as pictured online however the fabric shade is isn't the quality I expected.The seam on the shade isn't finished well and stands out. As for the lighting aspect - the shade material is too thick and blocks a lot of the light. I'm going to try living with it for a week or so and decide if I will keep it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Similar
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fair
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Ok
These fixtures are beautiful. We have a long dark hallway so we needed 4. The light is greatly diminished by the linen shade, even with 2 75 watt equiv. bulbs, they're not too bright. Much better than the builder grade globes that were there previously.
I love the style of the light but there are 2 problems. First, the shade looks very yellowish when the light is on. Also, on the underside of the fixture, the round plate that screws on beneath the bulbs is painted white and really limits the light from shining down. Thus, the light is not bright enough for my small windowless powder room. I loved the style but was overall disappointed and will be returning the light fixture.
Love these lights! Bought three for my small apartment and they are stylish and functional!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Looks white, but the globe has an off-white tinge
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. perfection!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I was repainting my hall upstairs and needed to update the light fixtures too. These go very nicely with the gray paint I chose. The painter installed the fixtures aand I noticed that the bases don't seem to screw in straight on the fixture so that the glass piece on the bottom is somewhat off-center. Not sure if it is the product design or the fault of the installer. Regardless, they are lovely to look at and overall I am happy with the purchase
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
I bought three of these for my hallway and they look fantastic. I love them....they are elegant, high end yet fun.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. high quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
problem is the bottom part which covers te bulbs doesn't fit tight so it's uneven on the sides. second issue, in a dark area when u turn te light on, u don't see te chrome shine of the light bc the shade which is a tweed material shines light which is based on the bulb, so u don't see the silver look. disappointing that it looks better with light off in daylight then when the light bulb is on. we got white lightbulbs to brighten the area and make it less yellowy
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? it's what it looks like online
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ok
This fixture is exactly what I had hoped for; precisely as the write up described it. My husband said it was easy to install and it looks great in our hall way.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
Imwaspleased with this fixture. I used it in an upstairs hall and it was the perfect product for the transitional look that I wanted. The light is diffused and soft.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The liner was a bit more linen color than photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Then fixture is beautiful, it looks very expensive
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I have a classic transitional home, and this is in my downstairs and upstairs hallways (which are both visible because of an open staircase) - they look great- and they look much more expensive than they are! I am very happy with these! The shade inside of them in a flax linen- I guess I didn't look closely at the photo and I expected something a little different- so just a heads up- but they are great!
I really loved this design, but there were a few flaws...one it was hard to install (but maybe not for someone more professional) and the seams for the shade part have to be placed just right to hide them...they are bulky and noticeable. Finally, they give off a very yellow light, that isn't that bright, rather than a white light...for me it ended up clashing with another light I had in the room. Overall though, its a nice fixture. Just be aware