The picture here shows a normal shag rug and this rug is anything but normal. The pile is 2.5-3 inches long, 1/4 inch wide and flat - like white fringe. The fabric is hand knotted pieces and those pieces are spaced about 1/2-3/4 inches apart so you can see the canvas that the fabric is knotted to. It's not soft or particularly comfortable (although not uncomfortable.) I ordered this thinking I was getting a normal white shag rug and this is not. All that being said, its funky. As in, its kinda groovy. People want to walk on it and feel it between their toes. It looks like someone threw confetti on the floor. You need to think of it as a statement piece and not a rug. I ended up keeping it as I wasnt sure I wanted the hassle of trying to return a rug and also because it was just so weird. It gets raves reviews from everyone who comes in so its earning its keep so far.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Actual rug is a shiny white
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The picture shows a normal shag rug and this is not normal.
I thought it was more of a shaggy rug, not hand-knotted with space between knots...the ribbons are hard & silky looking - it's hard to get totally accurate pictures online & this was the perfect case - Overstock made the return process simple & easy :-)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was fine, VERY shiny
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality was good, just not what I wanted
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not good at all
Very unusual rug. The pile is constructed of synthetic, very long strands with a slight sheen. Very modern look.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? acurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? acurate