This is an extremely handsome rug. I was even more pleased with the pattern when I got it laid out at home. My only objection is the composition of the rug. This rug is more jute than wool so there's a couple of factors to consider with that. One, it, as noted in another review, has a rough texture. I read the other review and was expecting it, but not as it is. I was expected wool with some jute but the rug is mostly jute with some wool (tag on underside reads 70/30 jute/wool). Also, the jute weave lightens the colour. So it's not black, but dark grey. The red is a pretty red, just not solid brick red. If you consider these factors and this is what you want, this is a fantastic rug.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Almost, the black is black and the red is red but the jute woven in lightens them slightly
- How is the quality of the product? Excellent
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? No
This is a great flat weave rug. The colors are true to picture. The red is a rusty barn red and the black is a charcoal . I used this rug under my dinning room table and it looks great. I bought 5 flat weave rugs from overstock and love them all.
I spent a lot of time reading reviews of this rug, being concerned if it was too fussy, but am so pleased with the rug. The rug brings the family room together, picks up the colors of the brownish red leather sofa and love seat and dark brown coffee table and media center. Put the rug on a pad so it has some softness when you walk on it. Weave is very flat and it is not soft but that doesn't seem to be a problem. The pattern and the colors are beautiful and it goes with transitional furniture (not too modern, not traditional). I would definitely recommend the rug if the colors work for your decor.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? perfect
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
I ordered this rug for the eat-in area of our kitchen, and I'm very pleased with it. It seems to be very durable and tough, and it lays flat to the floor with no buckling when kitchen chairs are scooted back and forth across it. It can be swept or vacuumed. The inclusion of jute in the materials makes it a little scratchy but I like that and as long as you are expecting it, that is what you get. The colors are quite muted... even more so than on my monitor. The "red" is a very toned-down rusty barn red, and the black is really more dark gray. This gives the rug a faded aged appearance in my opinion.
..the colors are much more muted than they appear on my screen and rather than a nice rust, the red is actually closer to the burgundy side of the spectrum. Still, it works somehow. I do love the flat weave and the pattern...on whole, the rug is just darker than what I expected. Thanks to all the reviews, I was expecting this but it's still worth a mention...the term "luxurious sheep's wool' is misleading, since it's actually 70% jute and 30% wool. It has the look and feel of a flat weave jute rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colors are much duller than on my screen.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Typical flat-weave.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? "Luxurious sheep's wool" is misleading. This rug is only 30% wool and has the total feel of jute.
The carpet arrived as scheduled. However, i didn't even need to open the rug up all the way because the color and quality of the carpet was not as I had expected it to be. There was also a terrible order to the rug so i quickly wrapped it up and put it in my garage to return. First time I used Overstock.com and was given a complete refund, including shipping. You just have to ask.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very washed out and dark
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very disappointing
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Totally off
What a beautiful rug. It holds up great underfoot of 2 dogs and cats and me. Vacuums very well and is easy care to spot clean. The texture is rustic rough but very pleasing. I did not opt for the underlayment and am sure it would be great, but the rug is on a hardwood floor and has a coffee table on it so I really have no problem. Great, easy and beautiful.
We love this rug. The colors are exactly what they appeared to be on our monitor and it makes a bold statement in our home. A little thinner than expected, but not disappointing. This is the third rug we've purchased from overstock.com and all have been great!