These Rustic, Americana Tin Stars were waaayyyy over priced. They are thin and not a very nice color. The weathering is fine but the overall appearance is terrible. I'm crafty and will make them suitable for my walls......I'd send them back for a refund but they are so awkward shaped that it would be tough to find a package to put them in and I'm sure since the box would have to large enuf for the biggest star to fit into the price to send them back would be high......Heck with it.....I'll fix 'em up and make due. If it turns out that they are still ugly~~~ They'll become a Christmas gift for someone this year.....Ha.....! If these had been priced around 25 bucks instead of almost 60 they'd be worth it.....maybe..... This is the 1st bad review I've ever written.....I'm glad most everything else from Overstock.com has met higher standards. Can't always make me happy, I guess....... Good luck if you buy these....
I have an 8' wall and needed something to go across the top of the wall with my college degree right below. These stars were so perfect for that! Easy to hang. They are a thin metal, so they don't feel too substantial, but the upside is it only takes a small picture hanger & narrow nail to hang them. On the smallest star, I actually just used a clear thumbtack. But on the wall, they actually look very impressive. I had just re-painted my room and hung these, and I'm so pleased.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty close!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. While they are thin, they are high enough quality that, when hanging on the wall, they look great!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect!
The stars deffinately looked like they were made of more substantial material in the picture than they actually were, just cheap metal, at first I thought of sending them back and then I decided to put them up on a very high wall, from a distance I don't think anyone can tell just how cheap they are, from a distance they look fine.I would tell anyone else to save their money, made of this material you can find them much cheaper anywhere!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quite flimsey, the picture made the stars look quite substantial and made of a heavier material then they actually were!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I beleive they should have told the buyer that they were just made of cheap metal
I love them, fits perfect with my celestial theme in my bedroom.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Was spot on.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Couldnt be happier
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Was spot on
These are fine in a small wall space..I was hoping for larger..but they are as discribed and look fine on log siding on out patio..
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? just right
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. thin metal but fine for decor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate!
I bought these to paint but loved them just the way they are. Perfect sizes also and makes a great display. Very easy to hang, not too heavy but not flimsy either. I have been seearching for a while for barn stars and this is by far the best value I found.
The size of the stars are Great! light weight and easy to hang BUT...My frist grader could have done a better job making them look rustic they looked like the paint was scraped off in three of four spots by some ones pen knife I have never seen mother nature age somthing in such a poor way. If you have a bit of crafting talent and you don't mind fixing some thing that you should be able to take out of the box and hang, they did look good when we my frist grader and I finished. But if not, don't bother.
I got these stars, thinking they'd look cool at the top of a set of stairs, and they really do. They are surprisingly lightweight, so I hung them up with just a nail each. They look great. I'd get more, but they seem a little expensive for what they are. That said, I'd get them again (just maybe not a second set).