The color was just as pictured, a nice dusty mint/light greenish blue color. I bought it to complement some cabinetry in our house in the same color family and it serves that purpose well. It is soft underfoot. I use it in our family room and it anchors the large furniture grouping well. Complements aside, I would not purchase this rug again. This is my first jute rug so I think my complaints may be common for all jute. I've had the rug for about six months now and the darn thing is falling apart at the edges. It has come unraveled in several places along the edges making it look much older than it is. It is also quite challenging to keep it in a rectangle shape. It seems like I am always tucking in loose strands and pulling and pushing it back into shape as it just morphs into waves on its own from slight movements of the furniture. If you have had jute before and you don't mind the maintenance associated with it, I would recommend this. If you want a rug that will just lie there and look good, I would not recommend this.
After reading the other reviews and by the picture shown, to me this rug also looks seafoam green or light blueish, which is exactly what I wanted. Although the description says tan, it is not!!! I was delighted when it arrived to find out it was a greenish bluish with minimal slivers of tan showing through. It is typical woven jute where a piece may unravel a bit but just needs a tuck and it is good to go. All jute seems to be this way. Well worth the money and I get compliments on this rug from everyone who walks through my door!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Close.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
I was a little underwhelmed when I rolled this rug out. First, it smelled a little bit. I am not sure where it was made or what it has been through to get to me, but I really had to shake it out and beat it outside before laying it out inside. It doesn't smell anymore thank goodness. The quality is a little lower than I was hoping, but given the price, it is OK. The edges are not tightly woven - I anticipate this will start unraveling on me within a few months. I do like the colors though. There is a faint aqua/sage color in this rug and it is just subtle enough to not dominate the room or the rug. Compared to other rugs I have ordered on Overstock, this one was a disappointment, but it suits the room it was ordered for, and I will keep it. Hope it lasts.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The rug is slightly lighter and I thought the sage/aqua color would be more prevalent than it actually is
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fine
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? OK
Great rug for the price. The color is exactly as shown in the picture, more green tones rather than tan, which is what the description indicated.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color in the picture is the exact color of the rug. In the on-line description it said that the rug color was tan. but it has more green tones in it.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is exactly what i expected it to be. Loosely woven and not soft and fluffy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Other than calling the color tan, the description was spot on.