This is a nice looking and comfortable under foot rug as most have said. Rows were a little uneven in spots where knot size varied, so if you like perfectly even and straight, this is not for you. Also, it is difficult to clean. My dog threw up on it less then a week after we received it, and nothing got the spot out. We moved it from the living room to a bedroom where the spot and uneven knots and rows would be under a bed. We're enjoying it, just not in the location we had planned. It does smell at first, but that was temporary.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? close
This is the third sisal rug I have ordered from Overstock. The first two were for a design client and I was so pleased with the quality of those, that I ordered a slightly different version for my own home. This is a well-crafted sisal rug. It is rubber-backed so you will not need a grip pad underneath. The rug is heavy, with uniform, tight knots and a straight, well-sewn beige cotton border. It laid out flat as soon as it was unrolled in the room. The feel underfoot is slightly rough, which is characteristic of all sisal rugs, so if it's softness you are after, think twice about sisal. Sisal rugs, though are so popular right now and instantly update any room. The solution for my own home was to diagonally layer a large cowhide rug on top, which is visually arresting and provides softness underfoot. There was a slight odor when the rug was first freed of its wrappings. This is also normal with a natural fiber rug and the odor quickly dissipates in a few days. I highly recommend this rug.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Excellent
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
Wow....Just received the rug (in only 3 days!) and it is amazing! I really had a hard time shopping for a sisal....read countless reviews, info on internet, etc.....and yet was really worried about trading out my wool/silk super soft antique rug for a possibly scratchy/rough rug-though I knew I wanted the look of a natural sisal. I had read ONE review that said it was soft underfoot....so took the plunge.......I was DELIGHTED to unroll it and find that a JUTE SISAL is extremely soft and we have been walking on it barefoot all morning....the color is perfect- a true "natural" straw-like color and in excellent condition- It laid out flat with no problems. It instantly updated the living room- giving it a more casual, yet clean/sophisticated look and provided the PERFECT background for our "hair on hide" zebra rug overlay. THRILLED with this purchase- THANK you OVERSTOCK.COM!
I've purchased several sisals, but I didn't like the quality of this one. It was fairly thin and the creases it came with in shipping would not lay flat even after a week. Had to return it. Also the color was not accurate on my computer. It appears "taupe" in the photo but it was more of a golden straw color.
i had this rug under my dining room table. As other reviews stated, it took some work to get the edges to lie flat. Then it had a wavy look I could never get to look right. One edge was in a high traffic area and looked dirty after only two months. I will try it outside under my patio cover and see if holds up.
This looks great and feels fine (as a natural fiber rug would expect to feel). However, this is not for a place that will have spills, pet stains, etc. Our dog had a particular affinity to leaving her mark on this rug, and they DID NOT come out, regardless of method, therefore we had to get rid of the rug long before we'd prefer. The style is great, the price is right, but not for an active family and/or with pets!
Great carpet for the money. Color and quality as described. Scotchguarded it to avoid staining, and has worked well so far. Really easy to maintain. Low weave, unlike bulkier sisals. Vacum and occasional damp cloth to clear up stains. Rubber back is great. Rubber smell lasted a day or two. rolled down well. Very happy with purchase.
I love this rug. With three dogs and a cat, we needed something durable, yet also possessing clean lines and an organic natural feel to fit in with our decor. I didn't notice any odor when we took off the plastic as some others have. It rolled out nicely and was completely flat in a couple of days. Almost immediately, one of our dogs threw up on it and from what I'd read in the reviews..I thought it was a goner. Not so. I cleaned the spot using Gonzo Stain Remover and it dried as good as new with out leaving a stain. Gonzo is made by the company that makes goo gone and is the most amazing stain remover I have ever used. It works on carpet, upholstery and laundry too. Anyway, It's lovely. I love the seam so that I dont have to worry about fringe getting sucked up into the vacume or catching dog hair. It's comfortable to walk on, it is casual but elegant and works in almost any decor. We got it on sale and feel like it was a great deal. The shipping time was out of this world as well. We received it in two days. Would highly reccomend.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Looks great, seems to be well made.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate
I have had this rug for over a year. I was under my table and looked perfect. Be very careful as you cannot get the rug wet! There is no turning back if you get any stain on it at all. I would not buy if you have pets, one stain an the rug is done.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact Match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. nice
Beautiful rug for our dining room. We don't wear shoes in the house, and we don't find the rug hard to walk on at all. I know some reviewers were concerned w/that. Great quality rug especially for the price. Couldn't be happier
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Above average
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good but failed to state the size of the border which is 2". To me, that's a crucial detail that I would've liked to know beforehand. Thankfully, the 2" border was perfect and proportionate to the size of the rug.
I was looking for a sisal rug everywhere. An interiordesignerfriend recommended this site. I thought the price was too good to be true. I was wrong. I ended up replacing all of my rugs. They are beautiful and a great value. Fast shipping too!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Beautiful texture, very little rolling, very little smellcompared to other sisals I have purchased.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
the rug materials and binding are well coordinated and have a rich appearance, just as i'd hoped. there is only a minimal odor...not at all a problem. can't beat the shipping cost, prompt delivery and the helpful customer service rep at O.co when comparing and choosing from several options for this type of area rug. so happy! will order another size for a different room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? lovely. perfect.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the color appears darker on my monitor, but it is a lighter, sand-color
Ordered this rug for our living room. It has a very natural, organic feel. Very nice, and soft under your feet (much to my surprise). Love the neutral color. Thanks O!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exact.