I like this rug a lot since it is a beautiful color and very durable. It covers the ugly floor in the rental property I live in. The only minor flaw is, what I call bulbs of thread, are the small knotts that need to be pushed thru to the backside of the rug, I used a small screwdriver, for these little bulbs of material give the appearance of fraying. Again, beautiful color and it's not thick and bulky for the kitchen.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality and since it's hand woven there are bulbs in the rug that had to be pushed thru to the back since it had the appearance of fraying but once I pushed it thru it looks great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
This rug has been my dining room for six months and while the color is great I have some reservations about suggesting it. Over the course of the few months several places have caught on either chair legs or kitten paws and caused areas of the jute to pull up, making unsightly lumps which look like trash on the floor. The other thing that irritates me is that it is not longer a rectangle. Silly, I know, but the natural fibers the edges, especially on the selvage sides, have settled down into uneven lines. It is noticeable because my row-house dining room is small and the rug runs about two inches from the wall in places, but is no longer parallel. I would say good for a reasonably priced short-term solution but I wouldn't build a room around the piece.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good on pc monitor, Mac moniter shows color brighter
The colors are less orange-y than the photo indicates, which is what I was counting on and so it works well for me. The fibers have a hand-woven look to them, so if you're OCD you may want to choose a different rug. But again this is what I was counting on so for me it works really well. Also, in the packaging you get this little card that tells you that no child labor was used. It wasn't something I'd considered when I first purchased the rug, but it was still nice to know. My only complaint is that it's fairly lightweight. It has the heft of an oversized throw rug and less like an area rug. If it's going mostly beneath furniture, like a kitchen table, it shouldn't be a problem. But if your plans are for a high traffic rug with nothing to anchor it you might want to consider a heavier fiber.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color isn't as "saturated" as the picture, but still very close.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Lightweight and tightly weaved.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate description
I placed this rug on a brazilian teak floor in a high traffic area and so far, it's wearing well. The texture is not too comfortable on bare feet, but it is jute, so that was expected. This is a great rug for the price. The delivery time was excellent...it arrived 2 days after ordering.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate Color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate