I've got this rug about years ago. I was very excited when it arrives beautiful texture just what I was looking for. First thing I notice It shredded a lot and guess what 3 years later It sheds as much as it did then! I vacuum it once to twice a week and my Dyson vacuum container get full of orange hair just from vacuuming this 5x8 inches rug every time. Second thing I notice is the overall shape of the rug, one end of the rug is an inch and a half shorter that the other. So as you can see very cruket rectangle. Since it was going to be under the sofa I pretend that was ok A couple of months later, I started noticing that the "chunks" started to looked flat, smashed, horrible, even-though I tried to fix them individually and rotate the rug often and even try no to step on it very much I wish I could attach a pic of how this rug looks today, a compacted wool mess!
The Rug is great in look and feel but wow it threads so much. I have dark wood floors and threads are noticeable everywhere...my kids play around it and gets worst. It is the material so it does not matter how much you vacuum it just threads like crazy.... I'm think about returning it just for this. I don't want to be vacuuming just because of the rug.
The rug is really nice. It does have a few "white" spots where it looks like the dye did not cover but they are spread out and not real noticeable. It does not keep me for recommending the rug but it may bother someone looking for the "perfect rug". It is very comfortable to walk on.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Actual
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
A little disappointed in the product, it is incredibly soft and comfortable under the feet, but the coloring is much darker than shown in the photo. Buyers should look up the color "Sage Green" before purchasing this rug and realize that it will be the darkest "sage green" you can find. I probably would have sent the item back if it wasn't so heavy and awkward to manipulate. Next time I buy a rug, it will not be online.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Much darker
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality seems great, it does shed quite a bit. We don't have a dog, but we might as well with this rug around!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I don't remember the actual "description", I just read the rave reviews of others saying it was "less brown" than in the photo; how it "didn't shed much"- none of which I would say is true
I love this rug and it always gets a mention from visitors. Reading the other reviews, I was concerned about shedding. However, shedding has not been a problem and a quick vacuum on a low setting does the trick. Great value, great rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great wool shag
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate
I absolutely LOVE this rug!! Considering I look at the same rug in a 2x3 for $110 at a local boutique shop!!! I not only got a steal for my 8x10, I was beyond thrilled when I unwrapped it! It is very comfortable to walk on and beautiful color!!!! Worth every penny!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Spot on!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Exceptional!!!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
We love this rug. Its so soft underfoot, and we love the way the individual "tufts" sort of massage bare feet. We also love the color! It does shed, its true, but we've already noticed a reduction in that over the month or so that we've had it. And it forces us to clean the floors more often, which maybe isn't a bad thing. I love that its wool and we can roll around on it and not feel like we're inhaling chemicals. I recommend it! (I also recommend having a vacuum cleaner that can lift the beater bar) The four stars (instead of 5) is because it arrived wrapped in plastic that was torn and clearly wasn't strong enough for the job. Also, its huge and weighs 80 pounds and the delivery man just left it out in the rain (thank goodness the torn end was on the porch!)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? More green, less brown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. We love the quality, the softness, it seems well put together and is great.
This is my third "Nimbus" rug. Oh I am just in love. Yes, they shed and we have deep dark hardwood floors (so you see it a lot more). But I vacuum a lot and eventually it dies down.No problem. The amazing plush marshmallow life is worth it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
I have this rug in my living room and it sheds SO MUCH. If you sit on the rug with dark pants, you get up looking like you just rolled on the floor at a barber shop (so much "hair" visible). Right after laying the rug and vacuuming it, my cat started having violent sneezing attacks. After two vacuums, the dust bag was so full that it clogged my whole vacuum. When I went to dislodge the wool from the vacuum tubing, it was like watching a green wool snake pop out. I decided to keep the rug, hoping that the shedding would decrease over time, however, after 6 weeks, vacuuming and dust mopping the entire first floor is on my DAILY to-do list -- both to help my cat breate easy and to keep my floors from looking like they have tumbleweeds. This is a HIGH MAINTENANCE rug!! Buyer beware. (Tip: use the HIGHEST pile setting on your vacuum to prevent the beater bar from tearing up the rug and causing more shedding.) Also of note: my rug needed to be trimmed with scissors in several places due to inconsistency in pile length (some of the individual tufts were super long or torn-apart looking). Using sharp scissors did the trick to make it look even. The color of the rug is a sage/olive green (but almost feels like a neutral tone) and adds a nice layer of texture to the room. Now only if it would stop this crazy shedding...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fair
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
This rug is made up of VERY chunky pieces of shag wool. It's almost like chunky felt strips. I LOVE it and it feels great underfoot. We have it in our family room in front of the fireplace and it's a nice spot for lounging too. When I looked at the pic I thought it was a very close, close up and that was why the pieces looked so chunky but it's not. They really are thick. I love it but you should know, if you're looking for a more hairy, yarn-y, flokati kind of shag, this is not it. I've had it down for almost a week and it has not shed at all - whereas I'm still vacuuming my flokati daily after 3 weeks.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice, heavy wool rug
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fairly accurate
First, let me say that I have the Hand-woven Jewel Shag Wool Rug in the dark multi color. That rug has been the biggest hit ever with its 2 inch chunks of marshmallow fluff. This rug only recently came on to overstock or I would have ordered it first. This rug is NOT as high quality as the Jewel Shag Wool product. This is exactly like the rugs found at ***. or ***, only difference, about $1000! This is a perfect sage green. I have it in a dining room with copper ceilings/wood beams and patina walls. Sure, food crumbs that fall are lost forever in the fluff below, but one of the dogs is sure to find those so I'm not worried. The felt shag is one inch thick and high. It will shed so you have to understand that it's the nature of the product and be a consistant vacuumer. What luxury for the price. NO ONE has a price like this--not even **** people selling similar products used.