I was extremely disappointed with this item. When overstock posts pictures of items like this, they should put something on or next to the rug for proper scale of the shag/pile. I was looking for a modern looking wool, shag, ivory rug, however when I received it, I didn't even have to open it completely to know this was nothing what the picture looked like to me. The actual shag pile individual pieces are about 3/4" of an inch in diameter. A very lumpy looking rug. This might work for others, but not for me. My personal opinion of this rug is subjective, but to me it's just plain UGLY!!!! Also, the wool was very "virgin". Smelled horrible, like a sheep farm. Would take weeks to air out.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? More beige than ivory
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. ok
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not accurate
I have two rugs in this style - lime green and the white. I consider the white to be off white and the lime green to be moss green. The rug does shed some. Quality is excellent and has a nice cushy feel when you walk on it. I did order the rug pad as well.
I read a lot of mixed reviews about this rug -- especially the shedding aspect. Yes, it sheds, but when it arrives, make sure to go over it with your hands a few times and remove the excess -- then vacuum over it a couple times. This should take care of a lot of the initial shedding. It's a great looking shaggy, thick, felted rug. Amazing deal for $*** If you want a shag rug that is real wool and doesn't shed at all -- just get a lambskin rug. Otherwise this is perfect.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Precise.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Correct.
I was really pleased with the quality of this rug. It's a generously thick pile wool rug which looks amazing with my modern decor. It does shed a little, but I think that will happen with every wool rug. No regrets.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color matched
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? veryquality wry
I have had the rug for 3 weeks and it wont stop pilling. My infant gets it all over him and there are wool dust bunnies all over my dark hardwood floors. You can even sit on it without having to spend 20 minutes with a roller brush. The poor quality is in the weave from the manufacture, and I would return it if I could!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? right on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. yes it is 100% wool but it keeps pilling.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? right on
This rug is specatular and goes above and beyond my expections. My rug is on a very dark hardwood floor and next to a dark brown sofa AND yes, it does shed horribly (worse than 10 cats) on hardwood and sofa, but....... it is 100% wool so this is expected for first 6-12 months of normal wear. Granted this could be problematic for those who don't enjoy vacuuming, but for me the pros definitely outweigh the cons so needless to say I LOVE the rug and would highly recommend to anyone who doesn't mind constant vacuuming. The photo does not do this rug any justice whatsoever-- it has a lot of texture and will look great in any room. The "ivory" color is close to what is displayed but in person it is a little more creamy, which worked perfectly for my room.