Looks great in our beach house living room. Quality good and has a few slight imperfections as it is hand woven. Color is a brown as in a paper bag.. Lays flat. Needs a gripper to keep it from moving. Now I need a smaller one for our entryway. MNT
I ordered the last two of these jute rugs. When I unrolled the first one, it had a large, charcoal, gray stain. Return was easy, but getting the rug re-rolled and into the plastic was really difficult. The second rug had no stains, but it did have a lot of "picks" and irregularities. I expected those in a natural fiber rug, but it seemed like there were a large number and some were very big and obvious. The rug had a distinct odor that took several weeks to lessen - the odor is still there, but much, much weaker. The rug was a decent price - had it cost more, I would have returned it - but I feel it was fair value.
I had read the reviews, so I knew the color would be off. It is not golden at all as shown in the photo. just looks like unbleached natural fibers. It is the color I wanted, but if you want a rich golden color you will be disappointed. It has NO ODOR at all and has not shed at all after in the week we have had it down. Laid flat right away and looks great over the supreme rug pad. Not sure we needed the pad since it has furniture on it, but it looks good and stays in place with one. Just what we were looking for in our beach house living room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the color is pale...natural...not golden as appears online
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? color off, but all else on target
The delivery of this rug was super fast. The rug came rolled in plastic so when I unrolled it the inside edges remained curled up. So I curled those edges under and stood on them for a minute and then the rug laid flat; the rug is very pliable. The rug color is not like the photo, the photo looks yellowish/mustard but the rug is in fact the color of natural rope. Go to a hardware store and look at natural rope and then imagine it all woven together, different tones and warmer in color, beiges and champagnes. Remember, this product is a natural fiber, rougher on bare feet and about 1/2 thick. You won't need a rug pad if you have larger furniture placed on it, otherwise if you are placing the rug on a solid surface with nothing to ground it, a rug pad is absolutely necessary. Being a slightly rougher surface I thought my dogs would not want to lay on it, but they don't seem to mind it, and the cat thinks the rug is a scratching post, but with the fibers being tightly woven I don't expect damage. My daughters reaction when the living room was put together and the rug was down was "this looks rich". Thanks Overstock!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is paler than the website photo, a warm rope color, more on the natural color than the yellow strain to the website photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is really good, it's a handmade product so the edges are not all completely parallel which adds to its authenticity
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The product description is accurate. It states "natural" so think of that rather than a 'color'
This is a beautiful, high quality rug at an incredible price. It is nicely bound on each side and looks great in our living room. A nice light brownish color (like a paper bag) that is very neutral and natural looking. It is a little thicker where it is bound but otherwise not too thick and not too thin. It feels like something that will last a long time. My young kids like walking on it with bare feet and it has a soft, if nubby, feel. Not as soft as a wool rug, but fun for feet. My kids sit and play on it. It seems to hide dirt better than our wool rugs and is easier to clean as it doesn't get pulled from our high power vacuum like our wool rug does. It is slightly larger than 8 feet by 11 feet by a few inches on each side. It also arrived amazingly fast -- I think it came just two days after I ordered it. There was no smell at all and the rug says "Made in India using no child labor." A great rug!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Not exactly -- more of a muted brown than on the website.
- How is the quality of the product? Excellent
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
Good rug, shipped very fast. My only complaint is the color of the rug was not a honey color, more of a brown color.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? the color is slightly different, more of a brown color, not honey
- How is the quality of the product? great quality!
This is a beautiful rug. Definitely worth the price. The only reason I give 4 stars and not 5 is because the color is not at all like the photo. It is the color of a brown paper bag, not the honey color like the photo. I wanted something a bit more lively. It is quite thick, also. Arrived super fast, as O always promises.