This rug looked nothing like the photo and was loosely and sloppily made. Big, loopy weave; nothing like you would think a jute rug would look. Should have known by the price this was a dud. Would not recommend it and would have returned it but too much trouble with heavy rugs.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? No!
- How is the quality of the product? poor
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? No!
Ordered this rug on a Thursday afternoon and had it Saturday morning - FABULOUS SERVICE!!! and the rug is so nice - looks like a $200+ jute rug instead of Overstock's bargain price. I highly recommend this purchase. AND, an extra bonus, this rug could actually be reversible because the "wrong" side is beautiful too. YAY overstock.com....
I was Very Pleasantly surprised. The rug is actually a bit more formal looking than most seagrass or coire rugs of its kind.. It has beautiful workmanship that seems to be holding up well even with two curious cats in the home. I would say "bite the bullet" and buy it if it appeals to you but beware you cannot cancel your order after it's placed.
It's actually quite pretty for a n inexpensive little jute rug. Like many people, I like the back side better (more of the darker color and a simpler pattern than the front). The only weird thing was that the dark and light colors gave out and were replaced by a bright green for a few stitches (probably at the end of a roll of the twine lie material that was being woven). This might have been a deal killer in another application, but for casual use, it didn't matter.
This rug has two different looks when you flip the sofa which is a nice option but it would be better for an outdoor covered porch than inside. It is rough to the feet and difficult to vacuum. I still like it but just has to be in the right spot. This one ended up on my cottage on Lake Michigan
I really like the look and feel of this rug. The price was very reasonable however, there is an overwhelming chemical odor that I cannot get out of this rug. I wish I had read some of the reviews more carefully before I purchased because I see now that this was mentioned. I tried everything to get rid of the smell: airing it out, lysol, febreeze, etc to no avail. The chemical smell is so overwhelming it gave me a raging headache within less than an hour of breathing the fumes. I ended up tossing the rug and purchasing something else.
I love everything from the weaving pattern within the jute to the durablity of the carpet. Jute is very durable around pets (my cat loves to use my rugs as cat scratchers) yet is very stylish and fits within most room decors. For the price, you can't really beat the size and quality of this rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The print was a bit louder than I was expecting but I love the rug anyway.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality. Jute is very easy to clean and is very durable around pets.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fairly accurate.
This hand-woven jute rug is a great rug. We have it in a high traffic area, so we are constantly replacing rugs. However, this rug can be used on either side. One side is lighter than the other, so we plan on flipping it when the other side gets worn out. Carpet smelled at first, but after a day the smell was gone. The jute just has an odor, but it goes away.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It looked just the same on the website.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate
IT DOES SMELL STRONG AT FIRST (BEING MADE OF JUTE FIBERS AND ALL) BUT EVENTUALLY IT NO LONGER SMELL. ATTRACTIVE AND STUDY. EASY TO CLEAN. ADS A TOUCH OF TROPICAL OR NAUTICAL TO A VACATION ROOM OR PORCH!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? COLOR JUST PERFECT, ELEGANT DESIGN.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. QUALITY IS GREAT,
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? DESCRIPTION VERY ACCURATE
It's so thin it crinkles up a lot. I'm constantly fixing it. However I do like that its reversible.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was right on for both sides(reversible)
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very thin and lightweight compared to your a jute rug I have already.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I bought a better quality jute rug from pier 1 and paid less
I have purchased many items from Overstock.com and will continue to do so. Items are good quality and shipping is very reasonable. I have already sent my daughter to the site and she has was very happy with her items. This rug will serve us well for a long time.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good color match to the site.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This rug is thicker than I expected, but that was a good thing. It has a completely different pattern in the back side, which will be fun to reverse.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was a little brigher than the picture, but I am very happy with the rug.
The rug is fine: thicker than expected and well made. But the print is far more pronounced than I expected. I could have lived with the print but I can't live with the fact that the rug does not stay flat - it wrinkles and shifts. As I have it in front of my entry door and there's traffic plus a door opening and shutting, this does not work for me. I'm disappointed - spent a long time picking out the right size, color and texture for an entry and thought this would be it. I'm not sure where this rug would work unless you have an area where you don't actually walk on the rug...... (not likely, i'm guessing).
While this rug feels nice it is COMPLETELY crooked. Very very crooked. So crooked that after a few days I relegated it to the garage because I couldn't handle it anymore. The sides were not straight and as much as I tried to straighten it it is obvious that it wasn't woven straight.